Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 ........ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t737410-re-open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-7-a.html)

Rodney Pont 11-07-2010 08:36 AM

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 02:08:58 -0600, Valorie *~ wrote:

>From:
>http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-act...rator-account/
>
>Anyone have any idea why my W-7 doesn't have "Run as Administrator" to
>select when right clicking on the command prompt? What is an *elevated*
>prompt? All I have is the regular prompt on my W-7 PC.

Your system is screwed up. I've got W7 Home Premium and if I click
Start/All Programs/Accessories and right click on Command prompt I've
got 'Run as Administrator' there.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com

Char Jackson 11-07-2010 01:51 PM

Re: Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 ........

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 08:36:38 +0000 (GMT), "Rodney Pont"
<mlist4@infohit.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 02:08:58 -0600, Valorie *~ wrote:
>
>>From:
>>http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-act...rator-account/
>>
>>Anyone have any idea why my W-7 doesn't have "Run as Administrator" to
>>select when right clicking on the command prompt? What is an *elevated*
>>prompt? All I have is the regular prompt on my W-7 PC.

>Your system is screwed up. I've got W7 Home Premium and if I click
>Start/All Programs/Accessories and right click on Command prompt I've
>got 'Run as Administrator' there.

I think she's opening the Command Prompt with the usual left click and
then attempting to right click in the actual Command prompt window,
which of course won't work.

--

Char Jackson