Velocity Reviews

-   -   Completely removing IE and Media Player (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t737101-completely-removing-ie-and-media-player.html)

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com 11-03-2010 10:40 AM

Completely removing IE and Media Player

Is there any way to do this?

I want to completely remove it.

Desk Rabbit 11-03-2010 11:04 AM

Re: Completely removing IE and Media Player

On 03/11/2010 10:40, BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there any way to do this?
>
> I want to completely remove it.

Why?

Mike Easter 11-03-2010 12:33 PM

Subject: Completely removing IE and Media Player

> Is there any way to do this?

-1- You neglected to put the essential elements of your question down
in the message body where they belong.
-2- You neglected to mention the version of your MS OS
-3- You neglected to give yourself a handle when you registered for
googlegroups
-4- It appears that you are using IE7 in XP, which XP came with IE6
integrated with the OS and which MS said could not be removed
-5- MS provides instructions for removing your IE7 which restores IE6
-6- Some 3rd party techniques for removing IE6 are 'dangerous' for
your OS, while others 'disable' IE but don't remove it.

> I want to completely remove it.

At your level of experience, it would be better if you didn't.

MS's instructions for removing IE7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177 When you uninstall Windows
Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 6 is automatically restored on
your computer.

Google's place for configuring a handle: login, click My Account, click
Edit email address, complete Nickname in personal information, Save

Starting a new message thread with a question: Don't start the message
in the subject but instead first use complete sentences to form an
unambiguous premise and your question in the body, then make a very
brief subject title.

--
Mike Easter
24hshd only

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com 11-03-2010 02:15 PM

Re: Completely removing IE and Media Player

Security reasons...

joevan 11-03-2010 02:23 PM

Re: Completely removing IE and Media Player

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 07:15:09 -0700 (PDT), "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com"
<bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote:

>Security reasons...

What?

Mike Easter 11-03-2010 03:26 PM

Re: Completely removing IE and Media Player

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote:
> Security reasons...

Use a more secure browser as your default browser. Only use IE7 for MS's
updates. Don't use your browser recklessly.

Alternatively, install a more secure OS. Your present hardware will linux.

--
Mike Easter

Desk Rabbit 11-03-2010 04:42 PM

On 03/11/2010 14:15, BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote:
> Security reasons...

Riiiiiiight.......

Bucky Breeder 11-03-2010 05:08 PM

Re: Completely removing IE and Media Player

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com
<bertiebigbollox@gmail.com>
via teh googlegroups:

> Security reasons...

(SIC)

There's got to be an oxymoron in there somewheres...

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

Hot-Text 11-04-2010 05:24 AM

Re: Completely removing IE and Media Player

Reformat Windows and install Linux is the only Way to completely remove IE
and Media Player!

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com 11-04-2010 02:21 PM

On Nov 3, 4:42*pm, Desk Rabbit <m...@example.com> wrote:
> On 03/11/2010 14:15, BertieBigBol...@gmail.com wrote:> Security reasons....
>
> Riiiiiiight.......

Does it really matter what the reason is? Obviously, I'm not going to
go into exact details of who, whys etc because its not relevant.

Lets just say I've got to deliver a laptop which does not have IE or
MEDIA PLAYER installed on it.