Velocity Reviews

-   -   I Had A (Tech-Support) Dream... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t735651-i-had-a-tech-support-dream.html)

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 10-16-2010 09:25 AM

I Had A (Tech-Support) Dream...

<http://xkcd.com/806/>

Enkidu 10-16-2010 10:48 PM

Re: I Had A (Tech-Support) Dream...

> <http://xkcd.com/806/>

Ring ring!

"Hullo, how may I help you?"

"Can you please restarted the news server daemon on the server
'christie' for me?"

"Wahhhh??"

"That's what the other guy said fixed my problem last time".

"And what was the problem last time?"

"I couldn't read the newsgroups".

"And this time?"

"I can't receive any emails".

"OKayyy. But the news server has nothing to do with email"

"Just please do it. I have an urgent email to send."

Thinks: "I'll do it, it won't work and we can move on". Restarts news
server.

"OK, I restarted the news server. How's it looking?"

"Perfect! My email has gone now. Thanks so much!". Hangs up.

"Wahhhhhh???"

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles