Velocity Reviews

-   -   Plotting graphs in python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t735270-plotting-graphs-in-python.html)

nk1 10-12-2010 08:40 AM

Plotting graphs in python

Hello everybody,

I am working on a project which has a large set of data consisting of around a million entries.

My problem is that if I store it in a list and try to make a plot of it using matplotlib it complains memory error even though I have 3 GB Ram.

So I need help in finding out a library that opens a screen and plots the value as soon as it comes without a need for storing it.

Although I am not looking for it but it would be great help if the library is equipped to handle graph handling.

I have looked at PyX but its problem is that it needs a file for loading the data and I can't create such a file at runtime as it would lead to a large amount of time wastage.

Please help. Thanks a lot .......