Velocity Reviews

-   -   turn off my spam filter.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t735156-turn-off-my-spam-filter.html)

larya 10-10-2010 09:28 PM

turn off my spam filter....

Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?
Larry

olfart 10-10-2010 10:08 PM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

"larya" <larya@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?
> Larry

how did you turn it On??? Just reverse the process

Mike Easter 10-10-2010 11:05 PM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

"larya"

> Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?

Insufficient information.

How (not) to ask a news question:

Don't start off by assuming that the readers can read your mind, see your
computer, or know what you are thinking about.

I wonder what provider's filter you are thinking about.

I wonder whether you think we can see what is going on with some
provider's like Rogers spam filter.

--
Mike Easter

The Real Truth MVP 10-10-2010 11:16 PM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

OldGringo38 10-10-2010 11:30 PM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

On 10/10/2010 4:28 PM Just to please that super-ego, larya wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?
> Larry

Yes, but a brain is required.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Aardvark 10-10-2010 11:32 PM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:28:10 -0700, larya wrote:

> Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?

As long as it's turned on, yes. Otherwise, no.

> Larry

Aardvark.

--
The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.

Artcinco 10-10-2010 11:48 PM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

In article <i8tia7$hg7$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
OldGringo38 <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> wrote:

> On 10/10/2010 4:28 PM Just to please that super-ego, larya wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
> > Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?
> > Larry

> Yes, but a brain is required.

perhaps you could time share it with him

thanatoid 10-11-2010 12:24 AM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in

> "larya"
>
>> Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter?

> Insufficient information.
>
> How (not) to ask a news question:
>
> Don't start off by assuming that the readers can read your
> mind, see your computer, or know what you are thinking
> about.
>
> I wonder what provider's filter you are thinking about.
>
> I wonder whether you think we can see what is going on with
> some provider's

providers

> like Rogers spam filter.

GOOD GRIEF, Mike, are you Canadian???

That WOULD explain the politeness and restraint!

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid

Mike Easter 10-11-2010 12:35 AM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

thanatoid wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

>> I wonder what provider's filter you are thinking about.

provider's - possessive; as in the filter that belongs to the provider

>> I wonder whether you think we can see what is going on with
>> some provider's

> providers
>
>> like Rogers spam filter.

'what is going on with some provider's .... spam filter' - possessive,
as in the filter that belongs to some (unstated) provider.

.... ({the filter that belongs to} some provider) ...like Rogers (not
possessive) as in rogers.com.

<See/Hear it this way...>

'I wonder whether you think we can see what is going on with some
provider's (spam filter - declared later)... (some provider like
Rogers{.com}) <follows then> spam filter (the spam filter being referred
to earlier).

--
Mike Easter

Dan C 10-11-2010 12:43 AM

Re: turn off my spam filter....

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:28:10 -0700, larya wrote:

> Is there a way I can turn off my spam filter? Larry

No. Not possible.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as the antimatter containment vessel ruptured.