Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to DL vids? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t733795-how-to-dl-vids.html)

J 09-21-2010 11:38 AM

How to DL vids?

How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?

http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001

http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001

Main site is here....

http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...ssicals-image/

I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
them onto my PC permanently?

rf 09-21-2010 12:03 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

"J" <thgksurhtjsghrjt@jhgtyjgherhfnsftg.com> wrote in message

> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
>
> Main site is here....
>
> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...ssicals-image/
>
> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
> them onto my PC permanently?

Why do you want to steal their videos? Especially when they are from the
islands of Tuvalu :-)

J 09-21-2010 12:06 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

"rf" <rf@z.invalid> wrote in message
news:%a1mo.7089$FH2.3441@viwinnwfe02.internal.bigp ond.com...

> "J" <thgksurhtjsghrjt@jhgtyjgherhfnsftg.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
>>
>> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
>>
>> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
>>
>> Main site is here....
>>
>> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...ssicals-image/
>>
>> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
>> them onto my PC permanently?

> Why do you want to steal their videos? Especially when they are from the
> islands of Tuvalu :-)

I'm a fan! :)

John Holmes 09-21-2010 02:05 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

rf "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "J" <thgksurhtjsghrjt@jhgtyjgherhfnsftg.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
>>
>> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
>>
>> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
>>
>> Main site is here....
>>
>> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...en-keen-to-cha
>> nge-classicals-image/
>>
>> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I
>> get them onto my PC permanently?

> Why do you want to steal their videos? Especially when they are from
> the islands of Tuvalu :-)

Why do you care, you control freak.

--
<snip>

John Holmes 09-21-2010 02:09 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

J "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
>
> Main site is here....
>
> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...n-keen-to-chan
> ge-classicals-image/
>
> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I
> get them onto my PC permanently?

Ignore rf, the control freak. Instead, use firefox and install the plug-
in called "download helper". This will allow you to download and convert
the streaming media.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/

HTH

--
<snip>

richard 09-21-2010 06:10 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:38:22 +0100, J wrote:

> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
>
> Main site is here....
>
> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...ssicals-image/
>
> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
> them onto my PC permanently?

Even though you might hate it, try "real player". It now has a downloading
feature that allows the capture of flash video easily. Not just the SWF
file that you usually get.

www.real.com

richard 09-22-2010 08:29 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:10:19 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:10:25 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Even though you might hate it, try "real player". It now has a downloading
>>feature that allows the capture of flash video easily. Not just the SWF
>>file that you usually get.
>>
>>www.real.com

> Real = evil. Malware ridden crap.

Haven't tried it since about version 6 or so have you?
They cleaned up their act royally. Now it is actually a decent bit of
software with barely any other evil stuff they once included.

J 09-22-2010 11:39 PM

Re: How to DL vids?

"richard" <member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:10:19 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:10:25 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Even though you might hate it, try "real player". It now has a
>>>downloading
>>>feature that allows the capture of flash video easily. Not just the SWF
>>>file that you usually get.
>>>
>>>www.real.com

>> Real = evil. Malware ridden crap.

> Haven't tried it since about version 6 or so have you?
> They cleaned up their act royally. Now it is actually a decent bit of
> software with barely any other evil stuff they once included.

"barely"? Hmm.

J 09-28-2010 02:11 AM

Re: How to DL vids?

"J" <thgksurhtjsghrjt@jhgtyjgherhfnsftg.com> wrote in message

> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
>
> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
>
> Main site is here....
>
> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/ne...ssicals-image/
>
> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
> them onto my PC permanently?

Got them! I used 'Replay Video Capture' to grab them! A great lil program.

Found it here....

http://hotfile.com/dl/19394816/4eff6...v3.1B.rar.html

Takes a lil bit of setting up, but works well.