Velocity Reviews

-   -   Something beautiful (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t733741-something-beautiful.html)

joevan 09-20-2010 09:45 PM

Something beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

richard 09-20-2010 10:34 PM

Re: Something beautiful

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:45:30 -0400, joevan wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

I have a sneakin hunch that the show will never give a child the top
honors. There was some speculation that the girl was actually lip singing.
But this is what happens when you've had excellent voice lessons. Your
voice takes on a whole new dimension.

Consider Jim Nabors and his singing voice. Totally different from his
natural voice. Or that of Rick "disco duck" Dees.

had the girl been about 6 or 8 years older, she might have won.
wonder what her prize was for runner up?

chuckcar 09-20-2010 11:24 PM

Re: Something beautiful

richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:45:30 -0400, joevan wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

> I have a sneakin hunch that the show will never give a child the top
> honors. There was some speculation that the girl was actually lip
> singing. But this is what happens when you've had excellent voice
> lessons. Your voice takes on a whole new dimension.
>
> Consider Jim Nabors and his singing voice. Totally different from his
> natural voice. Or that of Rick "disco duck" Dees.

Big deal. He could imiate donald duck. I knew kids in elementary school
that could do *that*. Jim Nabours just had professional singing lessons
before he became famous. Just like Christopher Walken and dancing.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Zu Arsschlaark! 09-20-2010 11:57 PM

Re: Something beautiful

"joevan" <joevanudity@vanudity.com> wrote in message
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

*covers ears*

OldGringo38 09-21-2010 01:18 AM

Re: Something beautiful

On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
I couldn't get her to listen to reason however. <g>

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Mike Yetto 09-21-2010 12:13 PM

Re: Something beautiful

OldGringo38 <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
>following tidbit of information:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

>Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
>fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
>I couldn't get her to listen to reason however. <g>

But everyone else could.

Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto
In practice they are not.

OldGringo38 09-21-2010 12:51 PM

Re: Something beautiful

On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38<NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>> On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

>> Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
>> fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
>> I couldn't get her to listen to reason however.<g>

> But everyone else could.
>
> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

<g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

Mike Yetto 09-21-2010 05:01 PM

Re: Something beautiful

OldGringo38 <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
>following tidbit of information:
>> OldGringo38<NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

>>> Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
>>> fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
>>> I couldn't get her to listen to reason however.<g>

>> But everyone else could.
>>
>> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

><g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.

Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto
In practice they are not.

OldGringo38 09-21-2010 05:44 PM

Re: Something beautiful

On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
the following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38<NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>> On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:
>>> OldGringo38<NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.

>>> But everyone else could.
>>>
>>> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

>> <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

> In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
> listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
>
> Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
not there. My only option is to consider the source.

Mike Yetto 09-22-2010 12:12 PM

Re: Something beautiful

OldGringo38 <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
>the following tidbit of information:
>> OldGringo38<NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

>>> <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

>> In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
>> listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
>>
>> Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

>That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
>not there. My only option is to consider the source.

One* of us (tinu) seems to have missed it once again, ie. she
listened to everyone else's reason by ignoring yours.

Well, that _bon mot_ has been thoroughly drained of its
cleverness.

*Me? Really?

Mike "being a wise-ass shouldn't be this difficult" Yetto
In practice they are not.