Velocity Reviews

-   -   Minimal-D (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t733105-minimal-d.html)

Kruptein 09-12-2010 11:01 AM

Minimal-D

Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
"things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. These things
are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

The program is currently in alpha, but it would be nice if some people
tried it out and pointed out some minors,goodies or things that should/
could be appended.

It is written in python 2.6 but 2.4 should be good enough, you also
need wxPython 2.8.
It is wriiten for linux so if you're on windows use it on your own
responsability.

you can download a .deb or a .tar.gz from launchpad: http://launchpad.net/d-cm
my email: darragh.ssa@gmail.com

further information: http://kruptology.blogspot.com/2010/...imal-d-02.html

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 09-13-2010 01:23 AM

Re: Minimal-D

In message
<383a7e4b-819f-4bdf-9b0c-e22baa9b6d19@n7g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>, Kruptein
wrote:

> Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
> "things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. These things
> are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

We have that already. It’s called a ”Linux distro”.

Kruptein 09-13-2010 05:42 AM

Re: Minimal-D

On Sep 13, 3:23*am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message
> <383a7e4b-819f-4bdf-9b0c-e22baa9b6...@n7g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>, Kruptein
> wrote:
>
> > Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
> > "things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. *These things
> > are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

> We have that already. Its called a Linux distro.

Well I didn't know that although I use it perhaps daily?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 09-13-2010 08:24 AM

Re: Minimal-D

In message <798a0db8-0ef0-4f35-9427-
b713fec45914@g10g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>, Kruptein wrote:

> On Sep 13, 3:23 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
> wrote:
>
>> In message
>> <383a7e4b-819f-4bdf-9b0c-e22baa9b6...@n7g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,
>> Kruptein wrote:
>>
>> > Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
>> > "things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. These things
>> > are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

>> We have that already. It’s called a ”Linux distro”.

> Well I didn't know that although I use it perhaps daily?

You didn’t know that all those features are just a checkbox in the package
manager away?