Velocity Reviews

-   -   Install IIS in a Windows service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t732932-install-iis-in-a-windows-service.html)

Brian Stoop 09-09-2010 10:40 PM

Install IIS in a Windows service

I want to embed IIS into a windows service, to save the user having to
configure it externally.

Is there any documentation available?

Thanks, B

Felix Palmen 09-10-2010 05:49 AM

Re: Install IIS in a Windows service

* Brian Stoop <b.stoop@consultant-spam.free.com>:
> I want to embed IIS into a windows service, to save the user having to
> configure it externally.

You can't. But ASP.NET has a builtin web server (HttpListener) and you
can handle the client's request in a matter that they're forwarded to
your self created AspHost object. I did this for serving asp.net pages
from embedded resources.

Unfortunately, I only know of a german article covering this subject,
but maybe you can understand some of the code there:

1. Covers handling HTTP Requests:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb979275.aspx>

2. Covers processing them with ASP.NET:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb979258.aspx>