Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: From W/Vista 32 bit to W/7 64 bit.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t732908-re-from-w-vista-32-bit-to-w-7-64-bit.html)

BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com 09-09-2010 05:23 PM

Re: From W/Vista 32 bit to W/7 64 bit....

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:15:47 -0500, "J. Jones"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>We just bought a new HP PC with Windows-7 64-bit, but all our software is
>32-bit. Will these same programs work on 64 bit? I personally need
>Photofiltre but fear it will not work on W-7. Can anyone shed light on
>this? Will I have to either buy or seek out all new software for the new
>PC?

http://photofiltre.en.softonic.com/

It's compatible. Make sure you have the most recent version.

If it didn't, it's just a lowly freeware program anyway. You could
find something else for the same price.

Win7 64 will play nice with many 32 bit programs. There are a few that
won't.

If you have all the programs still installed on a 32 bit machine you
can download the "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" and run it on your old
machine. It will tell you what will work, what will work if patched,
and what won't work.