Velocity Reviews

-   -   Questions about youtube uploads, etc. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t732856-questions-about-youtube-uploads-etc.html)

jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. 09-09-2010 01:02 AM

Questions about youtube uploads, etc.

The directions are simple for uploading to Youtube, but nowhere did I
find if the file must be in a certain format. Also, how does one
delete the file from Youtube later on?

TIA

jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. 09-09-2010 01:13 AM

Re: Questions about youtube uploads, etc.

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:02:42 -0500, jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. wrote:

>The directions are simple for uploading to Youtube, but nowhere did I
>find if the file must be in a certain format. Also, how does one
>delete the file from Youtube later on?
>
>TIA

Well, I found the answer to my first question regarding formats that
are acceptable:

Here's the list of some well-known formats which YouTube supports:

* WebM files (Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codec)
* .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - (typically supporting h264 and
mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec)
* .AVI (Many cameras output this format - typically the video
codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM)
* .MPEGPS (Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio)
* .WMV
* .FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)

Now - is there anyway to delete a video that one has uploaded to
Youtube?

richard 09-09-2010 02:28 AM

Re: Questions about youtube uploads, etc.

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:02:42 -0500, jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. wrote:

> The directions are simple for uploading to Youtube, but nowhere did I
> find if the file must be in a certain format. Also, how does one
> delete the file from Youtube later on?
>
> TIA

Sheesh. A simple google search provides the answer.
Login to your account and click on "my account".

Tony 09-09-2010 07:59 AM

Re: Questions about youtube uploads, etc.

Youtube has plenty of storage space, you won't have to worry about
deleting files.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
day on the job for potty mouth,

beyond the realm of understandability

richard 09-09-2010 08:14 AM

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 03:59:01 -0400, Tony wrote:

> Youtube has plenty of storage space, you won't have to worry about
> deleting files.
>
> jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. wrote:
>
>> The directions are simple for uploading to Youtube, but nowhere did I
>> find if the file must be in a certain format. Also, how does one
>> delete the file from Youtube later on?
>>
>> TIA

Yeah and then they're not really deleted. Just moved out of your account to
another folder.

Tony 09-09-2010 08:25 AM

Re: Questions about youtube uploads, etc.

That's how it works more files means more selection.

Desk Rabbit 09-09-2010 09:11 AM

On 09/09/2010 02:13, jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:02:42 -0500, jake@jakes.com.net.org.etc. wrote:
>
>> The directions are simple for uploading to Youtube, but nowhere did I
>> find if the file must be in a certain format. Also, how does one
>> delete the file from Youtube later on?
>>
>> TIA

> Well, I found the answer to my first question regarding formats that
> are acceptable:
>
> Here's the list of some well-known formats which YouTube supports:
>
> * WebM files (Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codec)
> * .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - (typically supporting h264 and
> mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec)
> * .AVI (Many cameras output this format - typically the video
> codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM)
> * .MPEGPS (Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio)
> * .WMV
> * .FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
>
> Now - is there anyway to delete a video that one has uploaded to
> Youtube?

Simple. You go to YouTube's Help link and type Remove Video in the
search box.

Who'd have thought it eh?