Velocity Reviews

-   -   Profiling with NetBeans - remote application (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t732751-profiling-with-netbeans-remote-application.html)

GlenM 09-07-2010 09:35 PM

Profiling with NetBeans - remote application

Okay folks, I am a little lost here.

I am so used to eh-hem, commercial type Java analysis tools (JProbe,
DevPartner Java) so I am going to go out on a limb here.
I don't really want to drop the coin for the license for the above
applications ($2k and about $600) so, I decided to go with a free
solution.

I have NetBeans 6.9.1 and I want to use it to profile a remove Java
application. I was successful in attaching the profiler to the remote
application. That was actually quite straightforward.

However, during the live profiling results, I would like to be able to
view the sources of my profiled objects/classes.

This is the question - how do I configure the profiler to view the
correct sources. I keep seeing a pop up dialogue box telling that :

No source found for class java.class.classname.object (example)

Can anyone help me out? I am a little clueless.

Thanks everyone.

Glen

Lew 09-07-2010 11:12 PM

Re: Profiling with NetBeans - remote application

GlenM wrote:
> Can anyone help me out? I am a little clueless.

Please do not multi-post.

--
Lew