Velocity Reviews

-   -   Crazy rules at sports stadium (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t732501-crazy-rules-at-sports-stadium.html)

richard 09-04-2010 06:08 AM

Crazy rules at sports stadium

During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back into
the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently Cards fans
have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back onto the field.
After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the ball, did just that,
and for his actions, he gets evicted from the stadium.

Crazy rules for sure.

Mike Yetto 09-04-2010 02:56 PM

Re: Crazy rules at sports stadium

richard <member@newsguy.com> writes and having writ moves on.
>During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back into
>the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently Cards fans
>have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back onto the field.
>After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the ball, did just that,
>and for his actions, he gets evicted from the stadium.

Throwing objects onto the field is not exactly safe. I'm sure
the players aren't happy with that practice. If the fan waited
until the game resumed before succumbing to peer pressure, the
umpires and managers would have reason to be upset. Eviction from
the stadium should have been expected.

>Crazy rules for sure.

Either throw it back right away or not at all.

Mike "now make up the rest of the facts behind the story" Yetto
In practice they are not.

thund3rstruck 09-04-2010 03:42 PM

richard wrote:
> During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back into
> the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently Cards fans
> have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back onto the field.
> After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the ball, did just that,
> and for his actions, he gets evicted from the stadium.
>
> Crazy rules for sure.

I'm sure you remember the 76?77? world series? Playoffs? where the
Pirates fans were throwing **** at the Reds players. There were minor
injuries as a result. The next logical step is to prevent that sort of
action as a way to keep those on the field safe.

n0i

John Holmes 09-04-2010 04:51 PM

Re: Crazy rules at sports stadium

Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 23:08:17 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>>During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back
>>into the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently
>>Cards fans have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back
>>onto the field. After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the
>>ball, did just that, and for his actions, he gets evicted from the
>>stadium.
>>
>>Crazy rules for sure.

> You really do have some serious mental deficiencies, don't you?
>
> Yes, most any sports stadium will throw you out for throwing anything
> onto the field.
>
> Dumbshit.

Evan The Stalker strikes, yet again.

--
<snip>

APLer 09-04-2010 06:40 PM

Re: Crazy rules at sports stadium

Mike Yetto <myetto1@nycap.invalid> wrote in

> richard <member@newsguy.com> writes and having writ moves on.
>>During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back
>>into the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently
>>Cards fans have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back
>>onto the field. After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the
>>ball, did just that, and for his actions, he gets evicted from the
>>stadium.

> Throwing objects onto the field is not exactly safe. I'm sure
> the players aren't happy with that practice. If the fan waited
> until the game resumed before succumbing to peer pressure, the
> umpires and managers would have reason to be upset. Eviction from
> the stadium should have been expected.
>
>>Crazy rules for sure.

> Either throw it back right away or not at all.
>
> Mike "now make up the rest of the facts behind the story" Yetto

So now seriod laden baseball players are worried about a baseball thrown
by a normal human being? too bad.

However as I *don't* follow baseball (for the reason of the first part
of the above sentence. In fact I think that Ruth's record should be
reinstated as there is increasingly good evidence that no one not taking
steroids has broken it), I reserve the possibility that the
aforementioned incident had nothing to do with merely tossing the
baseball back.