Velocity Reviews

-   -   Connected to a Wireless Network that is Unavailable (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t7319-connected-to-a-wireless-network-that-is-unavailable.html)

Terry Smerling 08-28-2005 04:05 PM

Connected to a Wireless Network that is Unavailable

I am pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem: the icon in my tray
says that I am connected to my home network; but when I access "View
Available Wireless Networks," no newworks are listed as available. What
makes the problem all the more confusing is that I have software loaded on
my system that enables me to boot to different Os's. I have no trouble
connecting to my home network when I am running WinXP Pro. The problem only
occurs when I run WinXP Home. Both OS's have Service Pack 2 installed. In
other words same hardware, same home network, but problems only in one OS.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.