Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web Mail client(IMAP) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t73137-web-mail-client-imap.html)

kapila Wijethilaka 02-16-2004 06:48 AM

Web Mail client(IMAP)

Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
from Exchange server.

thanks
-Kapila

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu 02-16-2004 08:02 AM

Re: Web Mail client(IMAP)

"kapila Wijethilaka" <kapila_wije@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#Od9XjF9DHA.632
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
> Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
> based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
> from Exchange server.

..Net does not have support for IMAP. You can use Indy though, it has support
for IMAP.

http://wwww.indyproject.org/

=?Utf-8?B?c29yc29nb24=?= 02-16-2004 07:11 PM

RE: Web Mail client(IMAP)

try www.gubatnonsonline.com
h val day!

Wayne M J 02-17-2004 05:11 AM

Re: Web Mail client(IMAP)

"kapila Wijethilaka" <kapila_wije@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
> based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
> from Exchange server.

Have a look at the RFCs.

But for a start, look at the SMTP and POP3 commands summary and classes
available, it will give you a running start.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu 02-17-2004 05:25 AM

Re: Web Mail client(IMAP)

"Wayne M J" <not@home.nor.bigpuddle.com> wrote in news:#LuEjQR9DHA.4060
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
> Have a look at the RFCs.

Hah! Thats a funny one. You have no idea what you've just implicated him in.

Not only is IMAP quite a large RFC, but its one of the WORST written ones
which has lead to conflicting implementations. Implementing IMAP that
actually works is a very bad nightmware.

> But for a start, look at the SMTP and POP3 commands summary and classes
> available, it will give you a running start.

Not even close. :) Thats like saying look at you 2 year old chicken scratch,
it will give you a head start on reading chinese.

And experienced user might write partial functionality for SMTP or POP3. The
base parts of these protocols are simpmle. But I would not recommend even an
advanced user tackle IMAP...

sushant.bhatia@gmail.com 01-27-2005 04:18 PM

Re: Web Mail client(IMAP)

I've written a C# IMAP dll and made the client available too. The
source code is also available.
http://www.sushantbhatia.com/Persona...jects_IMAP.htm