Velocity Reviews

-   -   64 bit Newsreader (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t731092-64-bit-newsreader.html)

Turtle 08-16-2010 12:23 PM

64 bit Newsreader

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a 64 bit Newsreader for Windows 7 64 bit?

My old 32 bit Reader is slow.

John

Paul 08-16-2010 02:26 PM

Re: 64 bit Newsreader

I use Windows Live Mail.
Paul

news:7fce3$4c692dae$6d5a1439$31367@news1.surfino.c om...

R. C. White 08-16-2010 03:07 PM

Re: 64 bit Newsreader

Hi, Turtle.

Which newsreader are you using?

As the others have said, here and in the other NG where you posted your
question, there are no 64-bit newsreaders yet - and there may never be any.
Well, some day, all software will migrate to 64-bit, I suppose, just as it
migrated to 16-bit and then to 32-bit. But because of the relatively
low-tech job a newsreader does, there probably would be no advantage in a
64-bit over a 32-bit newsreader.

There are dozens of good newsreaders available now, so please don't feel
that you are stuck with the one you have! Tell us what you have and you
will likely get LOTS of advice (both good and bad). It might help if you
also tell us about your hardware.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Steve Foster 08-16-2010 09:47 PM

Re: 64 bit Newsreader

R. C. White wrote:

> Which newsreader are you using?

According to his message headers, he's using Thunderbird.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

Peter Lentzy 08-17-2010 04:17 PM

Re: 64 bit Newsreader

I have Mesnews from France, which works in many languages and fast and
also under 64-bit-Windows7. google it.

Greetings Peter

--
(Peter Lentzy, Gera, Germany)

XS11E 08-17-2010 04:25 PM

Re: 64 bit Newsreader

Peter Lentzy <p_lentzy@yahoo.de> wrote:

> I have Mesnews from France, which works in many languages and fast
> and also under 64-bit-Windows7. google it.

AFAIK every 32 bit Windows newsreader works under 64 bit Windows.

The Usenet Improvement Project: