Velocity Reviews

-   -   98/xp wireless network problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t7306-98-xp-wireless-network-problem.html)

=?Utf-8?B?bXJ1aXM=?= 08-26-2005 07:14 PM

98/xp wireless network problem

98 machine connected to DLink wireless router via ethernet cable. XP
connected with wireless Motorola USB adapter. Problem is I can access XP on
the 98 machine. I can see the 98 machine on xp workgroup computers, but when
I try to access it I am getting message that it is not accessible and I may
not have permission rights. End of message says network path not found. No
firewalls on, netuser guest set to yes, same workgroups. Reg Edit LSA
Restrict Anon User set to 0. Can even ping the 98 from the XP. Not sure what
I am doing wrong. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
mruis

Jeff 08-26-2005 07:35 PM

Re: 98/xp wireless network problem

mruis wrote:
> 98 machine connected to DLink wireless router via ethernet cable. XP
> connected with wireless Motorola USB adapter. Problem is I can access
> XP on the 98 machine. I can see the 98 machine on xp workgroup
> computers, but when I try to access it I am getting message that it
> is not accessible and I may not have permission rights. End of
> message says network path not found. No firewalls on, netuser guest
> set to yes, same workgroups. Reg Edit LSA Restrict Anon User set to
> 0. Can even ping the 98 from the XP. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
> Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm no expert - far from it - but I've been there. FWIW, the only thing
that finally made it work was to install Netbeui. Then it worked like a
charm.

--

Jeff Williams
Jeff@who_knows.com