Velocity Reviews

-   -   Review sites DESPERATE for SOMETHING to test (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t729897-review-sites-desperate-for-something-to-test.html)

RichA 08-02-2010 11:35 PM

Review sites DESPERATE for SOMETHING to test

The DSLR production doldrums continue to plague camera sites.
So the barrel bottom scraping continues. Why doesn't Dpreview test
medium format? Car magazines test Ferraris, even though few will ever
own them.

Peter 08-03-2010 12:33 AM

Re: Review sites DESPERATE for SOMETHING to test

> On 2010-08-02 16:35:40 -0700, RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> said:
>
>> The DSLR production doldrums continue to plague camera sites.
>> So the barrel bottom scraping continues. Why doesn't Dpreview test
>> medium format? Car magazines test Ferraris, even though few will ever
>> own them.

> ...and you are desperate to bring more gloom and FUD to the World.
>
> Since you mentioned car magazines, it would not surprise me to find you
> providing a similar role in the auto/car groups, to the one you play here.

Rich finds so many faults that he must have had training is seismology.

--
Peter

Nervous Nick 08-03-2010 02:17 AM

On Aug 2, 7:33*pm, "Peter" <peter...@nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

> > On 2010-08-02 16:35:40 -0700, RichA <rander3...@gmail.com> said:

> >> The DSLR production doldrums continue to plague camera sites.
> >> So the barrel bottom scraping continues. *Why doesn't Dpreview test
> >> medium format? *Car magazines test Ferraris, even though few will ever
> >> own them.

> > ...and you are desperate to bring more gloom and FUD to the World.

> > Since you mentioned car magazines, it would not surprise me to find you
> > providing a similar role in the auto/car groups, to the one you play here.

> Rich finds so many faults that he must have had training is seismology.

A guy walks into a bar and loudly proclaims, "All seismologists are
assholes!"

Rich is sitting at the bar, and he protests, "I resent that comment,
Sir!"

The guy asks, "Why, are you a seismologist?"

Rich says, "No. I'm an asshole!"

RichA 08-03-2010 03:52 AM

On Aug 2, 10:17*pm, Nervous Nick <nervous.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 7:33*pm, "Peter" <peter...@nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>

> > "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

> > > ...and you are desperate to bring more gloom and FUD to the World.

> > > Since you mentioned car magazines, it would not surprise me to find you
> > > providing a similar role in the auto/car groups, to the one you play here.

> > Rich finds so many faults that he must have had training is seismology.

> A guy walks into a bar and loudly proclaims, "All seismologists are
> assholes!"
>
> Rich is sitting at the bar, and he protests, "I resent that comment,
> Sir!"
>
> The guy asks, "Why, are you a seismologist?"
>
> Rich says, "No. *I'm an asshole!"

And yet none of you answered the question, why not test medium format
cameras?

Peter 08-03-2010 05:02 PM

"Bowser" <Canon@Nikon.Panny> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:35:40 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>The DSLR production doldrums continue to plague camera sites.
>>So the barrel bottom scraping continues. Why doesn't Dpreview test
>>medium format? Car magazines test Ferraris, even though few will ever
>>own them.

> Well, I agree. Consumer Reports tests high-end autos, so who not test
> MF digital, like the Leica S2 and Hasselblad? I'd like to see some
> fair comparisons between those units and the high-end FF stuff like
> the Nikon D3x and Canon 1Ds III (or IV if it ever happens).

I would think that most who purchase the high end boxes do a lot of research
and testing on their own.

--
Peter