Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Dead pixel or not?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t728724-re-dead-pixel-or-not.html)

thanatoid 07-20-2010 01:17 AM

Re: Dead pixel or not??

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote in
news:f867469mvfu5p3lmpi8bu3c9vpcmftrq0f@4ax.com:

<SNIP>

> Okay, good. So I thought maybe it's an artifact in the
> picture itself, so I opened it with Paint Shop Pro figuring
> if it was there, I could just touch it up. It doesn't show
> up in PSP. But it's still there on my desktop.

Then it MUST be a dead pixel. See below why it doesn't ALWAYS
appear dead.

> Doesn't appear to be an artifact, doesn't appear to be a
> dead pixel. Anyone
> have an idea what could be causing it? Of course, one
> little white spot on a black screen and my eye is drawn to
> it continually.. I could change wallpaper, since I see it
> nowhere else, it's just that this is a cool one. Thanks.

Depending on the color it is displaying, an LCD pixel may appear
dead or not. Try the EXACT same spot with the EXACT same color
(or close, anyway).

If the pixel is dead, you can start the fun wait for when will
the next one die?" and join me in my hatred of this idiotic
shoved-down-our throats technology with NO advantages except
thickness and weight, and MANY disadvantages.

A single pixel can NOT be repaired, although utilities which
"exercise all LCD pixels" can be found. The pixel is a
mechanical device, so THEORETICALLY "exercising them" /might/
work. Once it gets bad enough, you will ask the manuf. how much
a replacement screen + labor will cost and will find out a new
monitor is cheaper.

Death to LCD displays!

--
You know, that women never really faint
And that villains always blink their eyes