Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is it possible to access Gridview's sorted dataview? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t728371-is-it-possible-to-access-gridviews-sorted-dataview.html)

JimLad 07-16-2010 12:20 AM

Is it possible to access Gridview's sorted dataview?

Hi - I'm going mad,

ASP.NET 3.5

I've got a Gridview bound to an objectdatasource. Sorting is enabled
in gridview, but objectdatasource isn't doing any sorting. I can pick
up the unsorted datatable from the Selected event of the
objectdatasource, but I really want the sorted version. Is there any
event on the gridview where I can access the sorted dataview it must
be using internally?

Why am I asking? We're using paging as well (i.e. truncated data in
gridview) and I want to loop through the full sorted dataview to find
the primary key value to set selectedindex.

Cheers,

James