Velocity Reviews

-   -   creating ActiveXobject in mozilla, invoking shell commands. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t727966-creating-activexobject-in-mozilla-invoking-shell-commands.html)

Mohd Ebrahim 07-11-2010 01:06 PM

creating ActiveXobject in mozilla, invoking shell commands.

Hi,

I'm unable to run the below script in the mozilla browser, i get error
'ActiveXobject not defined'. Is there an alternate way of fixing this in
mozilla?

kindly send me the code or resource links

kindly suggest.

<head>
function execute()
{
var obj = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" ) ;
obj.Run("notepad.exe") ;
}

</script>
</head>
<button onclick="execute()">open Notepad</button>

Jason Keats 07-11-2010 02:24 PM

Re: creating ActiveXobject in mozilla, invoking shell commands.

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/ActiveX

Cubaman 07-12-2010 08:21 AM

Re: creating ActiveXobject in mozilla, invoking shell commands.

On Jul 11, 3:06*pm, Mohd Ebrahim
<MohdEbra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to run the below script in the mozilla browser, i get error
> 'ActiveXobject not defined'. Is there an alternate way of fixing this in
> mozilla?
>
> kindly send me the code or resource links
>
> kindly suggest.
>
> ************************************************** *********

> *<head>
> * * *<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> *
> * * * * *function execute() *
> * * * * *{ *
> * * * * * *var obj = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" ) ;
> * * * * * *obj.Run("notepad.exe") ; *
> * * * * } *
>
> * * </script>
> *</head>
> *<body>
> * * <button onclick="execute()">open Notepad</button>
> *</body>

Firefox does not support ActiveX technology for multiple reasons.

* ActiveX is only available on Windows operating systems, and as a
result webpages that require it will not work on Linux or Mac.
* ActiveX integration with the Windows operating system has made
it a target for malicious software.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-us/kb/activex

Best regards.