Velocity Reviews

-   -   Load/Performance Testing of a Web Server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t727818-load-performance-testing-of-a-web-server.html)

kaklis@gmail.com 07-09-2010 01:17 PM

Load/Performance Testing of a Web Server

Hi to all, i want to stress test a tomcat web server, so that i
could find out its limits. e.g how many users can be connected and
request a resource concurrently.
I used JMeter which is an excellent tool, but i would like to use a
more pythonic approach.
Any hints

Antonis

Simon Brunning 07-09-2010 01:44 PM

Re: Load/Performance Testing of a Web Server

On 9 July 2010 14:17, kaklis@gmail.com <kaklis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all, i want to stress test * a tomcat web server, so that i
> could find out its limits. e.g how many users can be connected and
> request a resource concurrently.
> I used JMeter which is an excellent tool, but i would like to use a
> more pythonic approach.

The Grinder?

--
Cheers,
Simon B.

kaklis@gmail.com 07-11-2010 09:22 AM

On Jul 9, 4:44*pm, Simon Brunning <si...@brunningonline.net> wrote:
> On 9 July 2010 14:17, kak...@gmail.com <kak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi to all, i want to stress test * a tomcat web server, so that i
> > could find out its limits. e.g how many users can be connected and
> > request a resource concurrently.
> > I used JMeter which is an excellent tool, but i would like to use a
> > more pythonic approach.

> The Grinder?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Simon B.

Thank you Simon!
I'll give it a try.
It looks very promising.

Antonis K.

SuzWilli 01-01-2012 03:48 PM

Hi all,
I'm a web design novice and while looking for information about Jmeter testing, I came across this site I linked. Does anyone have experience with this kind of service (or anything similar) and can point out the difference between testing in the cloud and regular testing?
Thanks, Suzanne