Velocity Reviews

-   -   how do i fix Specified cast is not valid error ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t72771-how-do-i-fix-specified-cast-is-not-valid-error.html)

sviau 02-11-2004 01:52 AM

how do i fix Specified cast is not valid error ?

whats does this mean? how do i fix this? this application is hosted in load
balancing environment. we have loaded the hotfix, and have set the
machinekey to same value in machine.config on each web server (15)

Key Information
Stack trace (0) at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
Source (0) System.Web
Message (0) Specified cast is not valid.
Log ID 21514
URL http://www.mls.ca/REALTORSearch.aspx

Alvin Bruney [MVP] 02-11-2004 03:45 AM

Re: how do i fix Specified cast is not valid error ?

you need to provide more information in order to receive help. Perhaps the
lines of code leading up to the error.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Steven Cheng[MSFT] 02-11-2004 11:43 AM

RE: how do i fix Specified cast is not valid error ?

Hi sviau,

Thanks for posting in the community!
From your description, you met "in valid case exception" in your web
application? As you mentioned that your application is hosted in load
balancing environment and you set all those multi-servers with the same
machinekey, are you using the FormsAuthentication in web garden situation?
If so, would you provide some further info on the problem you met, such as :
1. Does this problem occur with some certain server in your balancing
environment or occur when visiting every server in the enviroment?

2. Would you please get some further description on the point where the
exception occurs (in which page or which period of code?).

Please check out the above items. If you feel anything unclear or have any
new findings, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Steven Cheng[MSFT] 02-17-2004 01:44 AM

RE: how do i fix Specified cast is not valid error ?

Hi sviau,

Have you had a chance to check out my former suggestions or have you got
any progress on this issue? If you need any further assitance, please feel