Velocity Reviews

-   -   registry setting for the check box..."use windows to configure" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t7276-registry-setting-for-the-check-box-use-windows-to-configure.html)

drl711 08-23-2005 01:59 AM

registry setting for the check box..."use windows to configure"

If I uncheck "Use windows to configure my wireless network settings" it
changes the wireless zero configuration properties from "automatic" and
"started" to "automatic" and "stopped". If I reboot the setting remains
stopped.

If I stop the service manually it just starts up again on the reboot as
it is set to automatic-apparently checking and unchecking the box "Use
windows to config" makes of difference in resetting back to "start".

If I set startup to manual or disable it, it adds two minutes to the
boot. I think I have traced that to the netman service. I think it is
looking or waiting for the zero service to start and just stalls the
boot for two minutes to timeout before finishing.

I am using an Intel\Pro wireless client.

I can not find a registry setting for the check box..."use windows to
configure". Is there one?

I need to stop and keep stopped the zero config service manually after
sysprep
resets my wireless settings.

Thanks.