Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web Deployment Project Directories (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t727038-web-deployment-project-directories.html)

Chuck 06-30-2010 09:13 PM

Web Deployment Project Directories

Does a Web Deployment Project in vs10 delete the current website and then
install the new one. I noticed if I created a directory on the IIS website
it did not get deleted.
However, if I created a file on the IIS website it did get deleted.

Allen Chen [MSFT] 07-12-2010 09:13 AM

RE: Web Deployment Project Directories

Hi,

>Does a Web Deployment Project in vs10 delete the current website and then
>install the new one. I noticed if I created a directory on the IIS

website
>it did not get deleted.
>However, if I created a file on the IIS website it did get deleted.

I think the behavior is, it checks the destination folder and compare the
files in it with the files pending to be deployed. If there's an existing
file in the destination folder that is not included in the pending-deploy
files that file will be deleted. The destination folder and the folder in
it will not be deleted, however.

Do you have any further questions regarding this issue? Please feel free to
ask if you have.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subs.../aa948874.aspx

Chuck 07-12-2010 10:24 PM

Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.

Allen Chen [MSFT] 07-13-2010 01:37 AM

RE: Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

Hi,

>so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a bug. This behavior is the same
as Web Deployment project for Visual Studio 2008.

If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Allen Chen [MSFT] 07-13-2010 01:54 AM

RE: Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

Hi,

>so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.
>>Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a bug. This behavior is the

same
>>as Web Deployment project for Visual Studio 2008.

Sorry I'd like to take my words back. I just did a test. In VS2008 the
newly added folder will be deleted as well so it looks like the behavior
has slight difference between VS2010 and VS2008. I've submitted a report.
Please leave your comment there. Our dedicated support engineers will work
with you for this issue.

https://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...4578/web-deplo
yment-project-has-different-behavior-in-vs2010-and-vs2008

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Allen Chen [MSFT] 07-21-2010 01:15 AM

RE: Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

Hi,

>so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.

Do you have further questions? Please feel free to ask if you have.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

msdnmg@microsoft.com.