Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Camera follow-up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t726647-re-camera-follow-up.html)

Paul Heslop 06-26-2010 08:56 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

Jane Galt wrote:

> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>
> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> discussion about photo topics.

heh, communist types.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look

John McWilliams 06-26-2010 11:36 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

Jane Galt wrote:
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :
>
>> Jane Galt wrote:
>>> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>>>
>>> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>>> discussion about photo topics.
>>>

>> heh, communist types.
>>

> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

We have a couple of persistent pests, incorrectly called trolls, an
occasional real troll wanders by, but by and large even old Joe McC
wouldn't have bothered.

--
john mcwilliams

Paul Heslop 06-27-2010 07:44 AM

Re: Camera follow-up

Jane Galt wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :
>
> > Jane Galt wrote:
> >>
> >> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> >>
> >> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> >> discussion about photo topics.
> >>

> > heh, communist types.
> >

> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?

Paul Heslop 06-27-2010 11:57 AM

Re: Camera follow-up

Gilford Brimly wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:44:12 +0100, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Jane Galt wrote:

> >> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.
> >>

> >Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?

> It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
> to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
> others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions can't
> be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
> know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
> they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
> themselves.
>
> Having said that, be reminded that true communistic cultures as existed
> with Native Americans and other tribes around the world in the past, are
> not the pre-existing concept nor modern definition of "communism". Where
> totalitarianism and dictatorship are more aligned to the concept. True
> communism is a wonderful thing, total freedom for all, no leaders, no
> rulers, each person's opinion having equal weight, etc. But humanity is not
> ready for true communism. They've not evolved enough yet. And most likely
> never will. There's that "greed gene" that they have yet to identify and
> discard. There merest hint of greed by even one individual will always
> destroy true communism in an instant.

and yet, oh gobby one, whoever you are, none of that has anything to
do with photography. Might as well have said too many
black/red/yellow/small/fat/thin people. If you want to talk about
ignorance then surely this sort of blanket statement is the problem?
Who the hell says we 'encourage others to make our decisions for us'

have you seen the people running the UK at the moment? Communists?
hah.

Robert Coe 06-27-2010 02:38 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:
: Jane Galt wrote:
: >
: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
: >
: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
: > discussion about photo topics.
: >
: heh, communist types.

Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
yellow to a jaundiced eye.

Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)

Bob

Robert Coe 06-27-2010 02:44 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 03:00:16 -0500, Gilford Brimly
<gilfordbrimly@spamless.com> wrote:
: On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:44:12 +0100, Paul Heslop
: <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
:
: >Jane Galt wrote:
: >>
: >> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :
: >>
: >> > Jane Galt wrote:
: >> >>
: >> >> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
: >> >>
: >> >> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
: >> >> discussion about photo topics.
: >> >>
: >> > heh, communist types.
: >> >
: >>
: >> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.
: >>
: >Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?
:
: It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
: to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
: others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions can't
: be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
: know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
: they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
: themselves.

Good description. In the U.S., the type is personified by those who support
the "Tea Party" movement and who voted for George Bush.

Bob

Dudley Hanks 06-27-2010 03:07 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

"Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
> : Jane Galt wrote:
> : >
> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> : >
> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> : > discussion about photo topics.
> : >
> : heh, communist types.
>
> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>
> Bob

To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the "communist"
label...

Take Care,
Dudley

tony cooper 06-27-2010 03:08 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:38:58 -0400, Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk>
>wrote:
>: Jane Galt wrote:
>: >
>: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>: >
>: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>: > discussion about photo topics.
>: >
>: heh, communist types.
>
>Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
>character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
>yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
>Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
>wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
>Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)

One wonders if any of the parts used by the makers of the SD34000IS
were made in Communist China. The owners of most cameras purchase
something imported from China, whether it be camera bag or accessory.

I'm sure Ms Galt is a Communist sympathizer and supports that evil
regime with some of her purchases. She should be pilloried by a
Congressional committee.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Pete 06-27-2010 03:24 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

On 2010-06-27 16:07:43 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:

> "Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>> : Jane Galt wrote:
>> : >
>> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>> : >
>> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>> : > discussion about photo topics.
>> : >
>> : heh, communist types.
>>
>> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
>> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
>> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>>
>> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
>> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
>> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>>
>> Bob

> To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the
> "communist" label...

And agree with everything she says.

--
Pete

Dave Cohen 06-27-2010 04:49 PM

Re: Camera follow-up

Robert Coe wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
> : Jane Galt wrote:
> : >
> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> : >
> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> : > discussion about photo topics.
> : >
> : heh, communist types.
>
> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>
> Bob

Of course that camera, as with a number of others was conceived and
built prior to wwii.
As for the communist bit, I assume our Jane resides on the US side of
the pond where they wouldn't know a communist if they woke up in bed
with one and know even less the philosophical basis of the movement.
In fact, most can't distinguish between the terms communist, fascist,
atheist, democracy, capitalist etc. and cavalierly throw these terms
around to those with whom they disagree, intending such as an insult
rather rather than any true meaning of the terms. But who cares.