Velocity Reviews

-   -   Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t726297-any-good-freeware-tweaking-utilities-for-windows-7-a.html)

BIG DAVE 06-22-2010 04:12 PM

Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

Just got a new Netbook and was wondering if someone could reccomend
some good, easy to use system "tweaking" tools? Years ago I used
things such as Fresh UI and some others to tweak my system and liked
the way my PC responded.

I would certainly prefer that any suggestions be of the FREEWARE
type. :-)

Thanks in advance

DAVID

Mike Easter 06-22-2010 04:44 PM

Re: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

BIG DAVE wrote:
Subject: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

> Just got a new Netbook

New netbooks come with Win 7 or linux or XP.

There is no mention of Win7 in the body of your message, only the subject.

If you will create your message body first and then title it, you will
have better message body and also better message subject results.
Generally you should not be asking a question in a new message subject.

Your message body has to provide a context for the respondent to answer;
but your message body doesn't ask any questions about Win7 or even
mention it.

Your message question is not going to be answered/ replied to/ up there
in the subject.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter 06-22-2010 04:51 PM

Re: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

BIG DAVE wrote:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05...ing-utilities/
7 free Windows 7 tweaking utilities

http://www.technobuzz.net/5-free-windows-7-tweak-tools/ 5 Free Windows
7 Tweak Tools

http://www.intowindows.com/15-free-w...weaking-tools/ 15 Free
Windows 7 Tweaking Tools -- <comments> Nice list! Found some I havenít
seen before.

--
Mike Easter

chuckcar 06-22-2010 04:53 PM

Re: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

BIG DAVE <big.david.nj@gmail.com> wrote in news:004cd8cd-c42e-46e2-96e8-
a3541a9624e8@z25g2000vbk.googlegroups.com:

> Just got a new Netbook and was wondering if someone could reccomend
> some good, easy to use system "tweaking" tools? Years ago I used
> things such as Fresh UI and some others to tweak my system and liked
> the way my PC responded.

I think you may mean TweakUI. I would stay away from *any* registry
"repair" programs as they do far more harm than good. Regedit comes with
all versions of windows (excepting CE) and it's always works. The major
proviso is that you *always* create a backup of the registry on the desktop
*before* you do anything else as you can easily make the computer
completely unusable by deleting the wrong keys.

> I would certainly prefer that any suggestions be of the FREEWARE
> type. :-)

TweakUI has always been a free download from Microsoft.
A simple search with the exact spelling above should find
it easily at www.microsoft.com.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

olfart 06-22-2010 04:57 PM

"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in message
> BIG DAVE wrote:
> Subject: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?
>
>> Just got a new Netbook

> New netbooks come with Win 7 or linux or XP.
>
> There is no mention of Win7 in the body of your message, only the subject.
>
> If you will create your message body first and then title it, you will
> have better message body and also better message subject results.
> Generally you should not be asking a question in a new message subject.
>
> Your message body has to provide a context for the respondent to answer;
> but your message body doesn't ask any questions about Win7 or even mention
> it.
>
> Your message question is not going to be answered/ replied to/ up there in
> the subject.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Someone left the sides down on Easter's frigin crib again.

Bucky Breeder 06-22-2010 05:59 PM

Re: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

olfart <olfart65@excite.com> via

> "Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in message
>> BIG DAVE wrote:
>> Subject: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?
>>
>>> Just got a new Netbook

>> New netbooks come with Win 7 or linux or XP.
>>
>> There is no mention of Win7 in the body of your message, only the
>> subject.
>>
>> If you will create your message body first and then title it, you will
>> have better message body and also better message subject results.
>> Generally you should not be asking a question in a new message subject.
>>
>> Your message body has to provide a context for the respondent to
>> answer; but your message body doesn't ask any questions about Win7 or
>> even mention it.
>>
>> Your message question is not going to be answered/ replied to/ up there
>> in the subject.
>>

>> --
>> Mike Easter

> Someone left the sides down on Easter's frigin crib again.

"Someone" *has* to change his loaded diapers, or else...

Besides, all his authoritarian babble is *NOT* in the "rules" :

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Rules_of_the_Internet

On topic, Win7 'posed to be SO FRACKIN' GOOD,
you don't even need to tweak it!
I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and this message
is assembled for your education and entertainment

So "happy" to see her:

http://vimeo.com/12280336

Aardvark 06-22-2010 06:29 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:59:32 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

> I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

See the sig.

Bucky Breeder 06-22-2010 07:16 PM

Re: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wroted:

> On 22 Jun 2010 17:59:32 GMT, Bucky Breeder
> <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out> wrote:
>
>> I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

> I'd keep that to yourself if you knew what was good for you.

I musta mis-spoke; I meant to say it was Al Gore's idea...

Bucky Breeder 06-22-2010 07:19 PM

Aardvark <aardvark@youllnever.know>:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:59:32 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:
>
>> I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

> See the sig.

"sig"... Sigfried and Roy? WTF?

Please take your anti-babbling meds
and try again... real soon, ya heah?

I meant to say "*Al Gore's* idea". My edit key is stucked.

HTH.

Aardvark 06-22-2010 07:42 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:19:21 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

>> See the sig.

> "sig"... Sigfried and Roy? WTF?

Didn't one of them get ate by a feline of some sort?