Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Can't move that dialog box! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t726143-re-cant-move-that-dialog-box.html)

dorayme 06-21-2010 08:30 AM

Re: Can't move that dialog box!

In article <ndtt169ljefssrig585rrklkq12bm16du6@4ax.com>,
JSoul <datingrules@jsoul.com> wrote:

> I've got a site appearing here:
>
> http://www.boldplan.com/s/tiny/tRvebO
>
> It validates. But when you click the "login" link in the main menu,

There is trouble before you do anything like this. It may not
appear for you if you have set what I would consider a small text
size for your browser. Try Firefox and go to the Zoom text only
menu and increase the text up a bit and look at what happens from
the L in Login to the last R in Register.

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little 06-21-2010 02:24 PM

Re: Can't move that dialog box!

JSoul wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:30:48 +1000, dorayme<dorayme@optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> In article<ndtt169ljefssrig585rrklkq12bm16du6@4ax.com >,
>> JSoul<datingrules@jsoul.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've got a site appearing here:
>>>
>>> http://www.boldplan.com/s/tiny/tRvebO
>>>
>>> It validates. But when you click the "login" link in the main menu,

>> There is trouble before you do anything like this. It may not
>> appear for you if you have set what I would consider a small text
>> size for your browser. Try Firefox and go to the Zoom text only
>> menu and increase the text up a bit and look at what happens from
>> the L in Login to the last R in Register.

> What's the problem? I zoomed in and out and everything appears as it
> should..

Note what dorayme said: "Try Firefox and go to the Zoom text only" this
is akin to having your default or min font size to something larger
16px. (Hint: not everyone has 20-20 vision). Your pixel-perfect design
is *very* brittle. Read up on the unit "em"

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO