Velocity Reviews

-   -   Safari 5 for Windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t725485-safari-5-for-windows.html)

cwdjrxyz 06-14-2010 02:04 AM

Safari 5 for Windows

I just received a notice that Safari 5 for Windows is now available
and downloaded it. Using a Vista 64-bit OS, I had no problems
installing it and have not yet noticed any gross bugs. I don't know
when the standard version for Apple OSs became available. I have not
used Safari 5 enough yet to catch possible minor bugs and see if I
like it better than Safari 4. Does anyone have any comments on Safari
5?

Neredbojias 06-14-2010 09:24 PM

Re: Safari 5 for Windows

On 13 Jun 2010, cwdjrxyz <spamtrap2@cwdjr.info> wrote:

> I just received a notice that Safari 5 for Windows is now available
> and downloaded it. Using a Vista 64-bit OS, I had no problems
> installing it and have not yet noticed any gross bugs. I don't know
> when the standard version for Apple OSs became available. I have not
> used Safari 5 enough yet to catch possible minor bugs and see if I
> like it better than Safari 4. Does anyone have any comments on Safari
> 5?

Got it, and it seems good. Don't notice that much difference from 4,
but I haven't really put it through its paces yet.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

dorayme 06-16-2010 12:30 PM

Re: Safari 5 for Windows

In article
<3702dcb3-46a0-4f54-8830-eb12e10aec7d@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com
>,

cwdjrxyz <spamtrap2@cwdjr.info> wrote:

> I just received a notice that Safari 5 for Windows is now available
> and downloaded it. Using a Vista 64-bit OS, I had no problems
> installing it and have not yet noticed any gross bugs. I don't know
> when the standard version for Apple OSs became available. I have not
> used Safari 5 enough yet to catch possible minor bugs and see if I
> like it better than Safri 4. Does anyone have any comments on Safari
> 5?d

I just updated an Intel Macbook with it and it seems to do just
about what my last Safari did, but I am not very demanding of
browsers... There are usually various issues discussed in
Mac groups but these may not be that relevant to you on Windows.

I think 5 was released for the Mac earlier this month. These
features sound good:

<http://www.apple.com/safari/whats-new.html>

--
dorayme