Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: This is difficult (for me) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t725379-re-this-is-difficult-for-me.html)

123Jim 06-12-2010 05:13 PM

Re: This is difficult (for me)

>"italo" <oreliete@tiscali.it> wrote in message
>news:4c123b33$0$30903$5fc30a8@news.tiscali.it.. .
>This is a little part of my home page:
>http://www.tortebomboniere.com/test-01.html

>If I use Mozilla Firefox, that type of album with moving pages is displayed
>at the left side of field #2.
>If I use Internet Explorer (7 or 8), it is displayed at the right side,
>overlapping the picture in field #3.

>How can I correct this fact? I wish that it have to stay entirely inside
>the field #2
>Many thanks

I couldn't figure out what the problem was there exactly, but I replaced
your table with <div> and it has improved the consistency between browsers.
see here: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ladycroft...n/test-01.html

There are a couple of things you should notice:
The Doctype is strict:
This was required to make IE behave correctly with min-width attribute.

The images are reduced in size .. this helps the smooth running of the image
transitions, which was a bit slow in IE.

I had to omit the borders around each inner <div> as it looked messy
esspecially in IE .. although I did not test it with the strict doctype.

cheers,
123Jim

123Jim 06-12-2010 05:26 PM

Re: This is difficult (for me)

"123Jim" <jnkjnjnini@uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> wrote in message

>>"italo" <oreliete@tiscali.it> wrote in message
>>news:4c123b33$0$30903$5fc30a8@news.tiscali.it. ..
>>This is a little part of my home page:
>>http://www.tortebomboniere.com/test-01.html

>>If I use Mozilla Firefox, that type of album with moving pages is
>>displayed at the left side of field #2.
>>If I use Internet Explorer (7 or 8), it is displayed at the right side,
>>overlapping the picture in field #3.

>>How can I correct this fact? I wish that it have to stay entirely inside
>>the field #2
>>Many thanks

> I couldn't figure out what the problem was there exactly, but I replaced
> your table with <div> and it has improved the consistency between
> browsers.
> see here: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ladycroft...n/test-01.html
>
> There are a couple of things you should notice:
> The Doctype is strict:
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
> This was required to make IE behave correctly with min-width attribute.
>
> The images are reduced in size .. this helps the smooth running of the
> image transitions, which was a bit slow in IE.
>
> I had to omit the borders around each inner <div> as it looked messy
> esspecially in IE .. although I did not test it with the strict doctype.

Well after that, I find that merely changing your doctype to 'strict' is
enough to fix the problem you were highlighting

italo 06-12-2010 05:36 PM

R: This is difficult (for me)

"123Jim" <jnkjnjnini@uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio

>Well after that, I find that merely changing your doctype to 'strict' is
>enough to fix the problem you were highlighting

Very well, you have found and fixed the problem!
Thank you very much, you have been very kind.

Italo