Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco Router 2821 - Creating a secondary router (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t724723-cisco-router-2821-creating-a-secondary-router.html)

HandleX84 06-03-2010 07:14 PM

Cisco Router 2821 - Creating a secondary router

currently have router completely configured in my lab -
Cisco 2821 with in and out ports being used. It has an additional HWIC-4ESW 4-port WAN module.

I want to learn how to setup a secondary router, so that if this one went down - the secondary router would pickup and being to handle all the current VPNS/IPS/etc in the network.

1st - can this router do that?
2nd - is there anything i need besides the exact router/module?
3rd - can you guys tell me or point me in the right direction of how to implement this?

Sorry, a CCNP newb just trying to learn his ways.