Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET and Word documents (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t72461-asp-net-and-word-documents.html)

cgia 02-06-2004 03:56 PM

ASP.NET and Word documents

I need to generate and save documents from the browser in ASP.NET.
I have read all the documentation in the newsgroups and I am aware
that MS Word is not recommended to be used server-side etc...

My idea is to display a word template in the browser (as a stream),
filling it in with data from the database, allow editing to the user
and save the document back, first to a local temp folder and then into
the DB.

Do you have any better idea? Any comment?

Thanks!