Velocity Reviews

-   -   Self contained app (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t724108-self-contained-app.html)

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax 05-26-2010 02:21 PM

Self contained app

I want to run a .jar app from a USB flash on a PC that does not have
Java installed. Possible?

--
Dirk

Tom Anderson 05-26-2010 07:07 PM

Re: Self contained app

On Wed, 26 May 2010, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:

> I want to run a .jar app from a USB flash on a PC that does not have Java
> installed. Possible?

Sure. Just install java on the stick too.

tom

--
uk.local groups TO BE RENAMED uk.lunatic.fringe groups

Arne Vajh°j 05-27-2010 02:15 AM

Re: Self contained app

On 26-05-2010 10:21, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
> I want to run a .jar app from a USB flash on a PC that does not have
> Java installed. Possible?

Java is working for regular stuff when XCOPY'ied so
if you have 100 MB free space on the stick, then you can
put a JRE on it.

But long term it would be easier if you could get
Java installed on the systems.

Arne