Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web development with VS 2003, ASP.NET and FrontPage (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t72305-web-development-with-vs-2003-asp-net-and-frontpage.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYw==?= 02-05-2004 12:01 AM

Web development with VS 2003, ASP.NET and FrontPage

I am creating a web site in VS 2003 using ASP.NET. Part of the web site is being ported from a FrontPage 2003 development effort that was basically HTML. What would be the most efficient way to transfer the HTML and put it in the VS 2003 ASP.NET project

Also, VS 2003 seems to lack some of the GUI capabilities of FrontPage for designing a page using HTML. Do other Web developers work solely in VS 2003 when designing HTML

Thanks

Marc

Kevin Spencer 02-05-2004 02:59 PM

Re: Web development with VS 2003, ASP.NET and FrontPage

Hi Marc,

I use FrontPage when I do my ASP.Net stuff. However, I only use it to create
the HTML in a WebForm. Then I copy the HTML and paste it into my WebForm in
VS.Net and continue from there.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYw==?= 02-06-2004 12:26 PM

----- Kevin Spencer wrote: ----

Hi Marc

I use FrontPage when I do my ASP.Net stuff. However, I only use it to creat
the HTML in a WebForm. Then I copy the HTML and paste it into my WebForm i
VS.Net and continue from there

--
HTH
Kevin Spence
..Net Develope
Microsoft MV
Big things are made u
of lots of little things

"Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag
> I am creating a web site in VS 2003 using ASP.NET. Part of the web sit

is being ported from a FrontPage 2003 development effort that was basicall
HTML. What would be the most efficient way to transfer the HTML and put i
in the VS 2003 ASP.NET project
>> Also, VS 2003 seems to lack some of the GUI capabilities of FrontPage fo

designing a page using HTML. Do other Web developers work solely in VS 200
when designing HTML

Charax 02-13-2004 02:36 AM

Re: Web development with VS 2003, ASP.NET and FrontPage

FrontPage 2003 and VS.NET 2003 are mostly/somewhat compatible. You can use
the same virtual directory on your local server for the FP site and the VS
project.

I design in FP, do the ASP.NET coding in VS.

A good overview of the issues is in Jim Buyens' _Microsoft Office FrontPage
2003 Inside Out_ , Chapter 43 "Using FrontPage 2003 and Visual Studio .NET
Together".

Cheers,

Charax