Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best tutorial/book? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t722965-best-tutorial-book.html)

apple 05-13-2010 06:51 PM

Best tutorial/book?

Hello Group,

I am interested in creating hardware with VHDL. I am a basic/c/
assembly language programmer with experience building hardware with
discrete components.

What is a good book or tutorial that will help me learn VHDL, given my
background?

sa2

sridar 05-15-2010 10:31 AM

Best book

For VHDL, "Circuit design with VHDL" by pedroni would be the good starting point

apple 05-19-2010 11:11 PM

Re: Best tutorial/book?

On May 13, 1:56*pm, "Pete Fraser" <pfra...@covad.net> wrote:
> I like Chu's "FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Example".
>
> It deals with relatively simple but instructive projects that can be built
> on low-end hardware.
> It is clearly written and proceeds step-by-step.

So far I like it, thanks for the recommendation. It is clearly
written and easy to understand. I got to the end of chapter 2,
everything passes the checks, but then IMPACT reports "program failed"
with no error messages. The LED's on the board go red (so Impact is
definitely talking to the board), progress reaches %100, then it says
it failed.

Was there an update to this book to work with later versions of ISE?

habib 09-16-2012 03:16 PM

bvzfcszfdxvxc df dsf sdfsdfdf dsf sd fdf sfd fdsfsd sdf dfdf dsf ds fds ds sfsdf dsf