Velocity Reviews

-   -   MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t722944-ms-supplies-64-bit-printer-driver-does-not-select-paper-tray.html)

John L 05-13-2010 04:00 PM

MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected)

Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the T420
but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print preferences
panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes from tray 1. I
cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL.

This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any
suggestions appreciated.

--

*****************
John Lenz

Bobby Johnson 05-13-2010 04:25 PM

Re: MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray

The drivers provided by Microsoft are supplied by the manufacturer and
are almost always not full featured drivers. To gain full functionality
you will need to check with Lexmark for a Windows 7 driver. Some Vista
drivers function adequately when installed in Win 7, but not all do.

Vic Baron 05-13-2010 04:50 PM

Re: MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray

Check here:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...locale=en_US#1

Charlie Russel - MVP 05-13-2010 04:51 PM

Re: MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray

I agree, Bobby. MS doesn't write printer drivers, OEMs do. And there are
often later (and better) drivers available from the OEM.

There are also settings on some printers that will override the driver,
though, so it's important to set the printer back to factory defaults.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

John L 05-13-2010 09:01 PM

Re: MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray

THX,

Lexmark universal 64 driver worked perfectly.

--

John Lenz