Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f31-html.html)
-   -   Re: Float design for thumbnail table (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t722709-re-float-design-for-thumbnail-table.html)

Neredbojias 05-11-2010 02:12 AM

Re: Float design for thumbnail table
 
On 10 May 2010, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried this example:
> http://tinyurl.com/2jcs5r
>
> But it fails when the thumbnails have a variable width:
> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index3.html
>
> All thumbnails are squeezed. Removing the width/height lock of the
> div tags yields this:
> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index4.html
>
> And this is how the page should look like:
> http://www.molon.de/galleries/Australia/Sydney/Night/
>
> Any suggestions about how to make a thumbnail table with variable
> width thumbnails float nicely?


Floats shmoats. See this:

http://www.neredbojias.org/cgalx.html

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

123Jim 05-11-2010 02:27 AM

Re: Float design for thumbnail table
 

"Neredbojias" <neredbojias@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9D74C37604028neredbojiasnano@news.albasani .net...
> On 10 May 2010, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried this example:
>> http://tinyurl.com/2jcs5r
>>
>> But it fails when the thumbnails have a variable width:
>> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index3.html
>>
>> All thumbnails are squeezed. Removing the width/height lock of the
>> div tags yields this:
>> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index4.html
>>
>> And this is how the page should look like:
>> http://www.molon.de/galleries/Australia/Sydney/Night/
>>
>> Any suggestions about how to make a thumbnail table with variable
>> width thumbnails float nicely?

>
> Floats shmoats. See this:
>
> http://www.neredbojias.org/cgalx.html
>


It's nice! .. The funny thing here is: Who is it that that resizes their
browsers and sees that wonderful smooth floating effect? it's not the users,
it's only the layout obsessive's like us :))

You keep the images centred with text align?:
#ct1 {
font-size:80%;
font-weight:bold;
margin:auto;
max-width:1280px;
padding-right:1px;
text-align:center; <--------??????
}



Neredbojias 05-11-2010 02:16 PM

Re: Float design for thumbnail table
 
On 10 May 2010, "123Jim" <jnkjnjnini@uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> wrote:

>
> "Neredbojias" <neredbojias@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9D74C37604028neredbojiasnano@news.albasani .net...
>> On 10 May 2010, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried this example:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2jcs5r
>>>
>>> But it fails when the thumbnails have a variable width:
>>> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index3.html
>>>
>>> All thumbnails are squeezed. Removing the width/height lock of the
>>> div tags yields this:
>>> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index4.html
>>>
>>> And this is how the page should look like:
>>> http://www.molon.de/galleries/Australia/Sydney/Night/
>>>
>>> Any suggestions about how to make a thumbnail table with variable
>>> width thumbnails float nicely?

>>
>> Floats shmoats. See this:
>>
>> http://www.neredbojias.org/cgalx.html
>>

>
> It's nice! .. The funny thing here is: Who is it that that resizes
> their browsers and sees that wonderful smooth floating effect? it's
> not the users, it's only the layout obsessive's like us :))


Hahaha, could be! I even get a kick outta resizing a playing video

> You keep the images centred with text align?:
> #ct1 {
> font-size:80%;
> font-weight:bold;
> margin:auto;
> max-width:1280px;
> padding-right:1px;
> text-align:center; <--------??????
> }


Yeah, I think so. That centers the whole page and ?I think? is
inherited in the image container. (It's easy enough to try/mess with
when doing the markup.)

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.