Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: HELP: Long time loading (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t722352-re-help-long-time-loading.html)

Dave 05-06-2010 12:42 PM

Re: HELP: Long time loading

Th@would.be.telling wrote:
> Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
> time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
> main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
> page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
> the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
> How can I fix it? TIA.

If you are willing to use a Flash solution, there are many embeddable
Flash-based players available, such as the one at http://filefactory.com/

This gives a playlist of MP3s, and if you remove the download link,
there will be no straight-forward way for the casual visitor to download
your mp3 (although the determined will still find a way, such as
recording the playback as it streams).

Dave 05-06-2010 01:50 PM

Re: HELP: Long time loading

Th@would.be.telling wrote:
> On Thu, 06 May 2010 13:42:05 +0100, Dave <invalid@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>> If you are willing to use a Flash solution, there are many embeddable
>> Flash-based players available, such as the one at http://filefactory.com/
>>

> Will this slow the page down again?

No, it just loads the player. The songs don't load until the user
chooses to play them. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.