Velocity Reviews

-   -   Komodo Edit: Editor settings? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t721831-komodo-edit-editor-settings.html)

John Doe 04-29-2010 10:43 PM

Komodo Edit: Editor settings?

Komodo Edit 5.1

I would very much like to stop code from expanding automatically.
Like when several consecutive lines of code have a plus sigh in the
left margin, meaning they are collapsed, when I go to copy or cut one
of those collapsed lines, the collapsed lines that follow that line
automatically expand. Are there any related settings that might keep
code from automatically expanding when nearby code is being edited?

Thanks.

Otherwise and overall, IMO it is a great free program. Love the color
coding.

alex23 04-30-2010 03:07 AM

Re: Komodo Edit: Editor settings?

On Apr 30, 8:43*am, John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
> I would very much like to stop code from expanding automatically.
> Like when several consecutive lines of code have a plus sigh in the
> left margin, meaning they are collapsed, when I go to copy or cut one
> of those collapsed lines, the collapsed lines that follow that line
> automatically expand. Are there any related settings that might keep
> code from automatically expanding when nearby code is being edited?

It doesn't seem so. Any cutting of a folded block seems to
automatically open the following one. This is true for the commercial
IDE as well, unfortunately.

On the plus side, most of the app logic is in Python, I believe, so
you could always hack on it yourself :)