Velocity Reviews

-   -   modifying openoffice/xls spreadsheet (without OO /Excel installed) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t721710-modifying-openoffice-xls-spreadsheet-without-oo-excel-installed.html)

News123 04-28-2010 09:37 PM

modifying openoffice/xls spreadsheet (without OO /Excel installed)

Hi,

Similiar to me previous question I wanted to know who can recommend a
good module/library, that allows to modify an Open Office spreadsheet.
If it helps I can also convert to .xls format prior to running my script.

However in this case I'd like to work on hosts, which don't have open
office installed (e.g. web servers or embedded systems)

I found:
- odfpy http://pypi.python.org/pypi/odfpy/
- ooopy http://ooopy.sourceforge.net/

Do you have any recommendations?

Ideally I'd like to have a solution, that works with python 2.6 and on
windows and linux.

My initial tasks would be rather simple:
searching for rows with a certain name in a column and insert a value in
a neighbour column.

Lateron I would be interested in
- inserting / deleting rows /columns
- copying cells.