Velocity Reviews

-   -   IE8 keeps redirecting me when I click on a search result in Google (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t719939-ie8-keeps-redirecting-me-when-i-click-on-a-search-result-in-google.html)

Alexis Soyer 04-08-2010 11:09 AM

IE8 keeps redirecting me when I click on a search result in Google

Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
Not the site I clicked.

I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

Keshav Sharma 04-08-2010 11:46 AM

Re: IE8 keeps redirecting me when I click on a search result in Google

On 4/8/2010 4:39 PM, Alexis Soyer wrote:
> Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
> Not the site I clicked.
>
> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
> my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
> use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
> would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

Check this links
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116848.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

Mike Easter 04-08-2010 03:13 PM

Keshav Sharma wrote:
> Alexis Soyer wrote:
>> I am
>> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
>> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.

>> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
>> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
>> my computer (OS XP).

> Check this links
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116848.html
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

The virus and malware removal section of techspot forums has good advice
structured around: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware
removal board (to force everyone - supplicant and helpers - to follow
the 8step protocols), 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal
Instructions, Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or
Formatting and their system of identifying moderators and known malware
helpers by color-coding them.

--
Mike Easter

richard 04-08-2010 05:14 PM

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 04:09:24 -0700 (PDT), Alexis Soyer wrote:

> Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
> Not the site I clicked.
>
> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
> my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
> use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
> would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

clear your history cache. Some times the dns hijackers remain their.
Install hijackthis and check out the results.