Velocity Reviews

-   -   Norton Security Suite and backup option (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t719569-norton-security-suite-and-backup-option.html)

KOS 04-04-2010 02:49 PM

Norton Security Suite and backup option

I have Norton Security Suite on my PC- It works well. It has a feature
called Backup which I currently do not have activated. What does this
feature do and is it recommended to have it running? Thank you

KOS 04-04-2010 03:36 PM

Re: Norton Security Suite and backup option

On Apr 4, 11:28*am, Singarram Gupta <24h...@support.comm> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:49:46 -0700 (PDT), KOS
> <computerstu...@excite.com>wrote:
>
> >I have Norton Security Suite on my PC- It works well. It has a feature
> >called Backup which I currently do not have activated. What does this
> >feature do and is it recommended to have it running? Thank you

> We must go throusgh some basic troubleshooting steps.
>
> First, is your computer plugged in?

no, it runs on batteries

richard 04-04-2010 03:53 PM

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:49:46 -0700 (PDT), KOS wrote:

> I have Norton Security Suite on my PC- It works well. It has a feature
> called Backup which I currently do not have activated. What does this
> feature do and is it recommended to have it running? Thank you

Get rid of Norton. Over rated bloat ware.
www.comodo.com
Install this unobtrusive freeware and feel safer.

KOS 04-04-2010 04:01 PM

On Apr 4, 11:39*am, Singarram Gupta <24h...@support.comm> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:36:14 -0700 (PDT), KOS
> <computerstu...@excite.com>wrote:
>
> >On Apr 4, 11:28?am, Singarram Gupta <24h...@support.comm> wrote:

> >> We must go throusgh some basic troubleshooting steps.

> >> First, is your computer plugged in?

> >no, it runs on batteries

> Ok good. Second, is the power switch turned on?

it runs on chicken massala

richard 04-04-2010 04:20 PM

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:28:56 -0400, Singarram Gupta wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:49:46 -0700 (PDT), KOS
> <computerstuff2@excite.com>wrote:
>
>>I have Norton Security Suite on my PC- It works well. It has a feature
>>called Backup which I currently do not have activated. What does this
>>feature do and is it recommended to have it running? Thank you

> We must go throusgh some basic troubleshooting steps.
>
> First, is your computer plugged in?

You should unplug yours and place it in the garbage truck.

richard 04-04-2010 06:54 PM

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 13:19:23 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:09:30 -0700, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************>wrote:

>>>Get rid of Norton. Over rated bloat ware.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>www.comodo.com
>>>Install this unobtrusive freeware and feel safer.

>>So, what richard the computer expert is saying is if you want to use
>>the Norton Backup feature, you need to uninstall Norton and install
>>Comodo.

> Doesn't make much sense does it?

Same old bullshit from evan.
He says I said something when I obviously did not.
I have never said any such thing.

Peter Foldes 04-04-2010 07:02 PM

Re: Norton Security Suite and backup option

To solve all issues that Norton causes which it does use the link below which
Symantec put out to correct the problems

Peter

Aardvark 04-04-2010 10:49 PM

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:54:10 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 13:19:23 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:09:30 -0700, Evan Platt

>>>So, what richard the computer expert is saying is if you want to use
>>>the Norton Backup feature, you need to uninstall Norton and install
>>>Comodo.

>> Doesn't make much sense does it?

> Same old bullshit from evan.
> He says I said something when I obviously did not. I have never said any
> such thing.

Yes, you did.