Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Out of interest ........ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t719524-re-out-of-interest.html)

Mike Easter 04-03-2010 07:23 PM

Re: Out of interest ........

~BD~ wrote:
> How was this done?

It uses unicode UTF-8 characters which look like upside down ascii chars
- sourced from character sets such as Latin Extended and International
Phonetic Alphabet.

That is the underlying methodology. The practical 'how' is to use a
website which has an online converter, of which there are a number.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Yetto 04-04-2010 03:00 PM

Re: Out of interest ........

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> writes and having writ moves on.
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:23:59 -0700, Mike Easter <MikeE@ster.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>It uses unicode UTF-8 characters which look like upside down ascii chars
>>- sourced from character sets such as Latin Extended and International
>>Phonetic Alphabet.
>>
>>That is the underlying methodology. The practical 'how' is to use a
>>website which has an online converter, of which there are a number.

> Interesting. In Thunderbird on my Fedora box, it displays. In Agent in
> Windows, it doesn't.
>
> All the more reason to fully switch to Fedora.

This isn't a Linux / Windows or a Plain Text / HTML issue. It is
a UTF-8 / ISO-8859-1 issue.

Mike "and a newsreader problem" Yetto
In practice they are not.