Velocity Reviews

-   -   LCD Cleaner..? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t718908-lcd-cleaner.html)

Frank Williams 03-27-2010 06:45 AM

LCD Cleaner..?

Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS), Please
don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...

http://www.convergencemarketing.com/...AL_041008L.pdf
The DSE here does not even stock it..

Sweetpea 03-27-2010 07:32 AM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:45:09 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:

> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
> Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
>

> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/...AL_041008L.pdf
> The DSE here does not even stock it..

Have you tried a damp soft cloth with a little mild detergent?

EMB 03-27-2010 09:53 AM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

<http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>

http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

Frank Williams 03-27-2010 08:33 PM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:53:08 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 27/03/2010 7:45 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>>

>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS), Please
>> don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
>>

>> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/...AL_041008L.pdf
>> The DSE here does not even stock it..
>>

><http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>
>
>http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

Its a VDU Glass cleaner..

Not listed for LCD screens..

Frank Williams 03-27-2010 08:41 PM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:53:08 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 27/03/2010 7:45 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>>

>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS), Please
>> don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
>>

>> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/...AL_041008L.pdf
>> The DSE here does not even stock it..
>>

><http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>
>
>http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

Its contains MONOPROPYLENE GLYGOL METHYL ETHER & METHANOL

Not the thing that I think should be used on a LCD Screen..

Enkidu 03-27-2010 09:13 PM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

EMB wrote:
> On 27/03/2010 7:45 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>>

>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
>> Please
>> don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
>>

>> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/...AL_041008L.pdf
>>
>> The DSE here does not even stock it..
>>

> <http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>
>

> http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

Heheh : "RRP is $11.1000 excl GST"

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Dave Taylor 03-28-2010 10:25 AM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

Frank Williams <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in

> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
> Please

Please, just use a lint free cloth with water on the cloth. unless you are
in an industrial site that should be enough

--
Ciao, Dave

Frank Williams 03-29-2010 12:32 AM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:25:22 +0000 (UTC), Dave Taylor
<daveytay@nospamplshotmail.com> wrote:

>Frank Williams <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in
>news:d2arq5h9dvm3cah85lh6nnmsv6n9th6j2h@4ax.com :
>
>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
>> Please

>Please, just use a lint free cloth with water on the cloth. unless you are
>in an industrial site that should be enough

That does not get rid of finger prints plus can leaves smears.

Frank Williams 03-29-2010 12:33 AM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:48:15 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote:

>Frank Williams wrote:
>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells,
>> (SANUS),

>Unfortunate name !
>
>>Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or
>> Products...

>Why not ? I have right in front of me "3M Notebook Screen Cleaning Wipes"
>that contain Water and Isopropyl Alcohol.
>
>Or do 3M not really know about things like that ?
>
>geoff

They damage the plasic...

Frank Williams 03-29-2010 12:40 AM

Re: LCD Cleaner..?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:48:15 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote:

>Frank Williams wrote:
>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells,
>> (SANUS),

>Unfortunate name !
>
>>Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or
>> Products...

>Why not ? I have right in front of me "3M Notebook Screen Cleaning Wipes"
>that contain Water and Isopropyl Alcohol.
>
>Or do 3M not really know about things like that ?
>
>geoff

Big mark ups on these products, what sells in the US for $10 can cost you here
some $50..

I managed to get a Pudney one for $29 reduced from $49, Noel Lemming have
them at $69..

Harvey Norman has one for $48 Belkin, marked down from $68 from memory.

Still not a patch on the Sansus US one..