Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t718673-re-creating-a-mp3-autorun-cd.html)

Mike Easter 03-24-2010 10:51 PM

Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

t wrote:
> The aim is to create a MP3 CD which can Autoplay(start playing the MP3
> files on the CD) when it is inserted in the CD drive.
>
> I created a CD with the MP3's, a Playlist.m3u and an autorun.inf file
> using the CD Writing program of XP Professional.
>
> The autorun.inf file has the following text:
>
> [autorun]
> OPEN=start \Playlist.m3u

You need more strucure.

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?id=210
Autoplay MP3 CDs - Creating your playlist - Now we will create bat file
to execute your playlist. - Creating an AUTORUN.inf

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter 03-25-2010 02:06 AM

Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

t wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:

>> You need more strucure.

>> Autoplay MP3 CDs - Creating your playlist - Now we will create bat file
>> to execute your playlist. - Creating an AUTORUN.inf

> Thanks for the link, but it did not work.

You mean to say that the way you chose to neglect/disregard what the
link said did not work.

There are a number of different ways you can do it -- but you didn't do
what the link said -- you did something else and then said 'the link
didn't work'.

> I skipped step 1 in
> the above link, I skipped the batch file step also

> I changed the autorun.inf file to read
> [autorun]
> shellexecute=Playlist.m3u

That was another option at the link. That option was integrated with
step one which precisely defines the structure of the m3u - which you
have not defined here.

Perhaps you didn't build your m3u correctly.

--
Mike Easter

chuckcar 03-25-2010 02:13 AM

Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

t <t@t.com> wrote in news:lMydnTTS-_lGMTfWnZ2dnUVZ_s2dnZ2d@giganews.com:

>>> Any suggestions where I am going wrong?

If you doubleclick on the original file (playlist.m3u), does it open
with mplayer? If not, then that's your problem. It's not associated with
any program, so it can't open it.

try this:

open=mplayer2 playlist.m3u

you might need to enclose the right side in double quotation marks.

WMP *may* be called something else. I haven't used recent versions for
years. You might also try doing a search under c:\Program Files for
mplayer*.exe and see what shows up. the result less the .exe us what you
want above.

You can also create a file assocation for m3u if it's not there in
windows explorer. However this doesn't make your fix universal.

You *do* know of course that this won't ever work on a standard CD
player like you'd find in a car right?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar 03-25-2010 09:54 PM

Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

t <t@t.com> wrote in news:D_WdnWsuNbs4BDbWnZ2dnUVZ_r8AAAAA@giganews.com :

> On 3/24/2010 10:13 PM, chuckcar wrote:
>> t<t@t.com> wrote in

>> If you doubleclick on the original file (playlist.m3u), does it open
>> with mplayer? If not, then that's your problem. It's not associated
>> with any program, so it can't open it.
>>
>> try this:
>>
>> open=mplayer2 playlist.m3u
>>
>> you might need to enclose the right side in double quotation marks.
>>
>> WMP *may* be called something else. I haven't used recent versions
>> for years. You might also try doing a search under c:\Program Files
>> for mplayer*.exe and see what shows up. the result less the .exe us
>> what you want above.

> Thanks for your advice. The issue was my machine and the user's
> machine who needs the CD, cannot autoplay CD's which i need to
> investigate

Simple standard fix for that: bring up the properties of the drive in
quesion in device manager and checkmark "Auto Insert Notification".

No drivers or anything else is removed or changed in this. It's just
a simpy on/off setting. Nothing more. A reboot may be required is all.

Sometimes I think MS creates these nonsence phrases just so no one else
knows what the hell they mean.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar 03-26-2010 12:02 AM

Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

chuckcar <chuck@nil.car> wrote in news:Xns9D469B018611Cchuck@127.0.0.1:

> t <t@t.com> wrote in
> news:D_WdnWsuNbs4BDbWnZ2dnUVZ_r8AAAAA@giganews.com :
>
>> On 3/24/2010 10:13 PM, chuckcar wrote:
>>> t<t@t.com> wrote in

>>> If you doubleclick on the original file (playlist.m3u), does it open
>>> with mplayer? If not, then that's your problem. It's not associated
>>> with any program, so it can't open it.
>>>
>>> try this:
>>>
>>> open=mplayer2 playlist.m3u
>>>
>>> you might need to enclose the right side in double quotation marks.
>>>
>>> WMP *may* be called something else. I haven't used recent versions
>>> for years. You might also try doing a search under c:\Program Files
>>> for mplayer*.exe and see what shows up. the result less the .exe us
>>> what you want above.

>> Thanks for your advice. The issue was my machine and the user's
>> machine who needs the CD, cannot autoplay CD's which i need to
>> investigate
>>

> Simple standard fix for that: bring up the properties of the drive in
> quesion in device manager and checkmark "Auto Insert Notification".
>
> No drivers or anything else is removed or changed in this. It's just
> a simpy on/off setting. Nothing more. A reboot may be required is all.

That should read: ...a simply on/off thing... of course.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Aardvark 03-26-2010 03:32 AM

Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:54:13 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> nonsence

WTF?????