Velocity Reviews

-   -   Watching BLU-RAY MOVies On a HDTV from Computer PLEASE READ!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t718148-watching-blu-ray-movies-on-a-hdtv-from-computer-please-read.html)

Film Buff 03-19-2010 01:22 AM

Watching BLU-RAY MOVies On a HDTV from Computer PLEASE READ!!

Found out what I need - the Geforce GT 240 has a sound chip.

The following quote is from NVIDIA

" No, you do not need to connect an S/PDIF cable from your sound card to the Geforce GT210, GT220 or GT240 graphics card
or any newer version which has its own internal HD audio codec. NVIDIA has added an HD Audio codec right into the
graphics processor of newer graphics cards therefore no longer needing the sound card to provide audio when a user is
connecting the graphics card to an HDTV via an HDMI cable."

Tested it and everything works great - No need to run a sound cable

Thanks again

GMAN 03-19-2010 10:14 PM

Re: Watching BLU-RAY MOVies On a HDTV from Computer PLEASE READ!!

In article <2bk5q551jscnfu0t85mp2pg9gm26pgpgrd@4ax.com>, Film Buff <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote:
>Found out what I need - the Geforce GT 240 has a sound chip.
>
>The following quote is from NVIDIA
>
>" No, you do not need to connect an S/PDIF cable from your sound card to the
> Geforce GT210, GT220 or GT240 graphics card
>or any newer version which has its own internal HD audio codec. NVIDIA has
> added an HD Audio codec right into the
>graphics processor of newer graphics cards therefore no longer needing the
> sound card to provide audio when a user is
>connecting the graphics card to an HDTV via an HDMI cable."
>
>Tested it and everything works great - No need to run a sound cable
>
>Thanks again

I'm just waiting for that asshole to chime in.

Archimedes' Lever 03-20-2010 01:45 AM

Re: Watching BLU-RAY MOVies On a HDTV from Computer PLEASE READ!!

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:14:38 GMT, Winniethepooh@100acrewoods.org (GMAN)
wrote:

>In article <2bk5q551jscnfu0t85mp2pg9gm26pgpgrd@4ax.com>, Film Buff <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote:
>>Found out what I need - the Geforce GT 240 has a sound chip.
>>
>>The following quote is from NVIDIA
>>
>>" No, you do not need to connect an S/PDIF cable from your sound card to the
>> Geforce GT210, GT220 or GT240 graphics card
>>or any newer version which has its own internal HD audio codec. NVIDIA has
>> added an HD Audio codec right into the
>>graphics processor of newer graphics cards therefore no longer needing the
>> sound card to provide audio when a user is
>>connecting the graphics card to an HDTV via an HDMI cable."
>>
>>Tested it and everything works great - No need to run a sound cable
>>
>>Thanks again

>I'm just waiting for that asshole to chime in.

You are the asshole. I am the one that helped the guy out.

Sorry if that tastes bad, idiot, but you try to spew a plate of ****
onto everyone, and you WILL get it back in your face, chump!

Archimedes' Lever 03-28-2010 08:44 AM

Re: Watching BLU-RAY MOVies On a HDTV from Computer PLEASE READ!!

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:14:38 GMT, Winniethepooh@100acrewoods.org (RMAN)
wrote:

>In article <2bk5q551jscnfu0t85mp2pg9gm26pgpgrd@4ax.com>, Film Buff <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote:
>>Found out what I need - the Geforce GT 240 has a sound chip.
>>
>>The following quote is from NVIDIA
>>
>>" No, you do not need to connect an S/PDIF cable from your sound card to the
>> Geforce GT210, GT220 or GT240 graphics card
>>or any newer version which has its own internal HD audio codec. NVIDIA has
>> added an HD Audio codec right into the
>>graphics processor of newer graphics cards therefore no longer needing the
>> sound card to provide audio when a user is
>>connecting the graphics card to an HDTV via an HDMI cable."
>>
>>Tested it and everything works great - No need to run a sound cable
>>
>>Thanks again

>I'm just waiting for that asshole to chime in.

Do a little research, asshole. Your RMAN (RetardMan) lameness is
shining through... again.

You claim that ATI beats NVIDIA and that Nvidia is going under.

Well, dumb****, take a little test if you think you are so ****ing
smart.

How many years has the Canadian based ATI folks assisted the US
military with graphics display issues? Answer: ZERO, you ****ing retard!

How many years has Nvidia assisted the US military with graphics
issues, which have subsequently led to great advances in supercomputing
realms where protein research and virus research, etc., etc., etc. take
place? Answer: Almost from their inception.

Conclusion: You do not know the first thing about graphics, much less
their history, much less their application.

All you are is a little wuss that hangs out in a group, listening to
the bullshit spewed forth by a hundred other lame ****tards that are just
like yourself. Brand centric twits that have no clue about the actual
workings.

You would make great shills for Sony or... ATI!

Well, what do ya know? That IS EXACTLY ALL YOU ARE. An ATI shill!

What do I base this claim on?

The fact that you spewed that they are the best, yet their history
succinctly proves otherwise.

Your history proves what you are too, RMAN.

GMAN 03-28-2010 03:40 PM

In article <f25uq5575hl44qvma5qcph6om3fsqhgmeu@4ax.com>, My Assistant: Zhang Heng wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:14:38 GMT, Winniethepooh@100acrewoods.org (RMAN)
>wrote:
>
>>In article <2bk5q551jscnfu0t85mp2pg9gm26pgpgrd@4ax.com>, Film Buff

> <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote:
>>>Found out what I need - the Geforce GT 240 has a sound chip.
>>>
>>>The following quote is from NVIDIA
>>>
>>>" No, you do not need to connect an S/PDIF cable from your sound card to the
>>> Geforce GT210, GT220 or GT240 graphics card
>>>or any newer version which has its own internal HD audio codec. NVIDIA has
>>> added an HD Audio codec right into the
>>>graphics processor of newer graphics cards therefore no longer needing the
>>> sound card to provide audio when a user is
>>>connecting the graphics card to an HDTV via an HDMI cable."
>>>
>>>Tested it and everything works great - No need to run a sound cable
>>>
>>>Thanks again

>>I'm just waiting for that asshole to chime in.

> Do a little research, asshole. Your RMAN (RetardMan) lameness is
>shining through... again.
>
> You claim that ATI beats NVIDIA and that Nvidia is going under.
>
> Well, dumb****, take a little test if you think you are so ****ing
>smart.
>
> How many years has the Canadian based ATI folks assisted the US
>military with graphics display issues? Answer: ZERO, you ****ing retard!
>
> How many years has Nvidia assisted the US military with graphics
>issues, which have subsequently led to great advances in supercomputing
>realms where protein research and virus research, etc., etc., etc. take
>place? Answer: Almost from their inception.
>
> Conclusion: You do not know the first thing about graphics, much less
>their history, much less their application.
>
> All you are is a little wuss that hangs out in a group, listening to
>the bullshit spewed forth by a hundred other lame ****tards that are just
>like yourself. Brand centric twits that have no clue about the actual
>workings.
>
> You would make great shills for Sony or... ATI!

Pot Kettle Black

> Well, what do ya know? That IS EXACTLY ALL YOU ARE. An ATI shill!
>
> What do I base this claim on?
>
> The fact that you spewed that they are the best, yet their history
>succinctly proves otherwise.
>
> Your history proves what you are too, RMAN.

There is medicine for those shakes you get when you get all crazy like this.

Still waiting for you to fly out here and get all in my face for real!

Archimedes' Lever 03-28-2010 04:18 PM

Re: Watching BLU-RAY MOVies On a HDTV from Computer PLEASE READ!!

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:40:56 GMT, Winniethepooh@100acrewoods.org (GMAN)
wrote:

>In article <f25uq5575hl44qvma5qcph6om3fsqhgmeu@4ax.com>, My Assistant: Zhang Heng wrote:
>>On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:14:38 GMT, Winniethepooh@100acrewoods.org (RMAN)
>>wrote:

>>>I'm just waiting for that asshole to chime in.

>> Do a little research, asshole. Your RMAN (RetardMan) lameness is
>>shining through... again.
>>
>> You claim that ATI beats NVIDIA and that Nvidia is going under.
>>
>> Well, dumb****, take a little test if you think you are so ****ing
>>smart.
>>
>> How many years has the Canadian based ATI folks assisted the US
>>military with graphics display issues? Answer: ZERO, you ****ing retard!
>>
>> How many years has Nvidia assisted the US military with graphics
>>issues, which have subsequently led to great advances in supercomputing
>>realms where protein research and virus research, etc., etc., etc. take
>>place? Answer: Almost from their inception.
>>
>> Conclusion: You do not know the first thing about graphics, much less
>>their history, much less their application.
>>
>> All you are is a little wuss that hangs out in a group, listening to
>>the bullshit spewed forth by a hundred other lame ****tards that are just
>>like yourself. Brand centric twits that have no clue about the actual
>>workings.
>>
>> You would make great shills for Sony or... ATI!
>>

>Pot Kettle Black

Bwuahahahahahaha! The response of a retarded shill that has no case to
prove his claim.

Got any links that point to news articles that speak of Nvidia going
bankrupt, jackass? Didn't think so.

Fact... ATI was doing so poorly that THEY were about to take a dump,
and THAT is when AMD bought them. It was a bargain, and would have been
cheap at twice the price. That still doesn't mean that they are making
ANY great advances in graphics processing, nor that they ever will.

>> Well, what do ya know? That IS EXACTLY ALL YOU ARE. An ATI shill!
>>
>> What do I base this claim on?
>>
>> The fact that you spewed that they are the best, yet their history
>>succinctly proves otherwise.
>>
>> Your history proves what you are too, RMAN.

>There is medicine for those shakes you get when you get all crazy like this.

Calling ATI a bunch of dumb money grubbers is "crazy"? I don't think
so, dumb****tard. And no, I do not get the shakes, dipshit. Mainly
because I do not "get all crazy like this." The fact is that "crazy like
this" is you describing yourself. This post I reply to here is YOU being
crazy, because instead of addressing the challenge, you are back, ****ing
and moaning your troll out to the world.

Sorry, troll boy, but your stupidity is glaringly apparent. Address the
challenge, or cower in the corner. The choice is yours.

>Still waiting for you to fly out here and get all in my face for real!

Post your address, you ****ing retard. Then you can shake in fear,
never knowing why I want you to post it. Then again, you are too
pussified to post it, so the fear you shake from is the very thought.
How sad... yet how ****ing funny! Bwuahahahahahahahah!
Sub-humans like you are a tragic decline in the human gene pool.
Please... go jump off a tall building, and be sure to take any of your
retarded spawn with you.

Archimedes' Lever 03-28-2010 05:06 PM

wrote:

>Still waiting

Hahaha... that is funny. Looking at Nvidia's stock ticker, even the
five year window shows that they have steadily grown.

A complete contradiction of your pathetic claim.

Still waiting for you to put up a real, valid argument, instead of your
pathetic, trolling baby bullshit.