Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Tesco Internet Phone Replacement? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t717805-re-tesco-internet-phone-replacement.html)

Graham. 03-15-2010 06:19 PM

"Orkibo" <no.spam@thank.you> wrote in message news:W4KdnSyeB82FqAPWnZ2dnUVZ8n-dnZ2d@supernews.com...
> Hi,
>
> Tesco have withdrawn their ability to buy top-up vouchers for their
> Tesco Internet Phone product, giving payment options of credit/debit
> card or direct debit only, which I'm not entirely happy with.
>
> Does anybody know of another provider which gives a set amount of
> minutes, (Tesco have a soft limit of 1000/month), for under a fiver that
> can be paid either in cash or via PayPal?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Yes, smartvoip.com.
Minimum topup is 15 Euros plus 70 cents handling fee (exc 19% vat)

If that's too much for you in one go you can use
smslisto.com
minimum topup 10 euros + 70 cents + vat.
Both the above Betmax are outbound calls only, you can continue to use your Tesco
service for incoming calls hardware permitting.
I can suggest various solutions if that's a problem.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham. 03-17-2010 06:50 PM

"Orkibo" <no.spam@thank.you> wrote in message news:ZcidnYeyYa3_vD3WnZ2dnUVZ8mednZ2d@supernews.co m...
> On 15/03/2010 18:19, Graham. wrote:
>> "Orkibo" <no.spam@thank.you> wrote in message news:W4KdnSyeB82FqAPWnZ2dnUVZ8n-dnZ2d@supernews.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Tesco have withdrawn their ability to buy top-up vouchers for their
>>> Tesco Internet Phone product, giving payment options of credit/debit
>>> card or direct debit only, which I'm not entirely happy with.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know of another provider which gives a set amount of
>>> minutes, (Tesco have a soft limit of 1000/month), for under a fiver that
>>> can be paid either in cash or via PayPal?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

>> Yes, smartvoip.com.
>> Minimum topup is 15 Euros plus 70 cents handling fee (exc 19% vat)
>>
>> If that's too much for you in one go you can use
>> smslisto.com
>> minimum topup 10 euros + 70 cents + vat.
>> Both the above Betmax are outbound calls only, you can continue to use your Tesco
>> service for incoming calls hardware permitting.
>> I can suggest various solutions if that's a problem.
>>

> Thanks for that Graham, I'll bear it in mind.
>
> Had TescoCS convert my account to PAYG today, and I've been trying out
> LocalPhone after having it confirmed that the cost of calling the UK is
> 0.5p/min even after their "March Madness" promotion. They have given me
> a little credit to make some test calls which I'm going to do tomorrow.
>
> Minimum top-up is 10 but they do accept PayPal which means it's all
> good, and the credit is good for up to a year after last making a
> chargeable call so the 2000mins which the 10 will give me will last, or
> *should* last me quite some time with a bit of luck.
>
> If the test calls don't go well, then I'll sign up with SmartVoip.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up, appreciate it. :)

Bear in mind that Localphone want to charge you 8.9p/m to call a UK mobile
and 11.8p/m to a "3" mobile
Smartvoip is 5.5p/m to all UK networks, and UK landlines (within reason) are free.
Paypal accepted :-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%