Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newbie question: python versions differ per user? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t717146-newbie-question-python-versions-differ-per-user.html)

BobAalsma 03-08-2010 07:15 PM

Newbie question: python versions differ per user?

I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and downloaded 2.6.4 Mac Installer Disk Image
as/in(?) the sys admin user. For this user Pyhton 2.6.4 is now the
current version.
I want to use Python outside the sys asdmin user. However, all other
users still use Python 2.5.1 (Apple delivered).

The sys admin user looks in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.6/lib/...
The other users look in /System/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Version/2.5/lib/...

I could not find any questions on this matter, so am I the only one?
Did I do something wrong?
I assumed the paths for all users would be modified - too easy?

BobAalsma 03-09-2010 11:23 AM

Re: Newbie question: python versions differ per user?

On Mar 8, 8:15*pm, BobAalsma <bob.aal...@aalsmacons.nl> wrote:
> I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and downloaded 2.6.4 Mac Installer Disk Image
> as/in(?) the sys admin user. For this user Pyhton 2.6.4 is now the
> current version.
> I want to use Python outside the sys asdmin user. However, all other
> users still use Python 2.5.1 (Apple delivered).
>
> The sys admin user looks in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
> Versions/2.6/lib/...
> The other users look in * * * */System/Library/Frameworks/
> Python.framework/Version/2.5/lib/...
>
> I could not find any questions on this matter, so am I the only one?
> Did I do something wrong?
> I assumed the paths for all users would be modified - too easy?

OK, sorry, found out.