Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t717068-need-help-in-watching-blu-ray-movies-from-computer-to-tv.html)

Film Buff 03-08-2010 01:14 AM

Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

Ok this is waht I have

GeoForce 9600 GSO with a S-Video going to the TV

LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Drive

Windows XP on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71GHz 3.50 GB Ram

I can watch standard DVD's to the TV but when I try to watch a Blu-RaAy DVD I get an error

that I cannot use the CLONE Mode or the Multiple Mode

Also is the S-Video cable at fault for Not transmitting Blu-Ray

I can watch the movies fine on my monitor but I would like to run these to the TV for my wife

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

MeowSayTongue 03-08-2010 01:37 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:14:19 -0600, Film Buff <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote:

>Ok this is waht I have
>
>GeoForce 9600 GSO with a S-Video going to the TV
>
>LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Drive
>
>Windows XP on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71GHz 3.50 GB Ram
>
> I can watch standard DVD's to the TV but when I try to watch a Blu-RaAy DVD I get an error
>
>that I cannot use the CLONE Mode or the Multiple Mode
>
>Also is the S-Video cable at fault for Not transmitting Blu-Ray
>
>I can watch the movies fine on my monitor but I would like to run these to the TV for my wife
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>
>Thanks

You need a DVI to HDMI converter, either by means of the whole cable or
by an end of cable converter. Philips made a good one at 12' the WalMart
sold for $12! (I couldn't believe it). It is just like the DVI to VGA
jobs, only to HDMI. Your display ALSO has to be an HDCP compliant
monitor, and you should have the most recent Nvidia drivers in place, of
course.

S-video is not able to handle the modes required, and is not IP
managed, so unless your player software can offer you a downres'd
rendering (not likely), it will not work at all.

Film Buff 03-08-2010 06:26 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

Thanks

Much Appreciated

Probably need to buy another video card

GMAN 03-09-2010 07:17 PM

In article <qs59p5tu9r3io7oetmdsija33b1jqlmfil@4ax.com>, Film Buff <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote:
>Thanks
>
>Much Appreciated
>
>Probably need to buy another video card

That wont neccesarily fix it. If all you can input to your TV is S-Video,
youll most likely never be able to do it. You need a HDMI input on your TV so
that the DRM can handshake.

MeowSayTongue 03-10-2010 01:27 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

NO!

You will NEVER find ANY video card that will put out what you want over
svideo. The card you have is fine for the job. The display is likely
what you are being reluctant to upgrade.

Sorry, but BluRay and svideo do not mix. S-Video does not do the high
resolution modes.

Even a PS/3 when hooked up via the S-video connector drops to a low
resolution output.

There probably is some s-video "solution" out there somewhere, but it
will be degraded resolution, and the solution you were given is the right
one. ESPECIALLY if you are really a film buff.

There are 120Hz full 1080p res displays out there for half what I paid
for mine. The advent of the LED backlighting has made all of the older
models pretty cheap right now. Definitely the right time to buy.

MeowSayTongue 03-10-2010 01:28 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

I do not know what the GSO tag means on the vid card, but yes, DRM is
the reason why, and the display is likely the culprit.

Film Buff 03-12-2010 04:07 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

Thanks everyone

Found out my card does indeed have capability of HDMI output

Now the only problem is running it permantely to the tv (SONY 55" whih does have HDMI input)

Did a quick test before i permantely hook up the cable and I did get the desktop on the TV screen but no Cyberlink
player or Movie

Cyberlink tells me I cannot run in clone Mode and when i run in dual screen all i get is the desktop - no icons,
startbar, or anything

Need to investigate farther

Thanks all

MeowSayTongue 03-12-2010 08:25 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

Try core media player

http://www.tucows.com/preview/299014

The dog from that film you saw 03-12-2010 09:16 AM

"Film Buff" <Fred_C@Dobbs.MTN> wrote in message
> Thanks everyone
>
> Found out my card does indeed have capability of HDMI output
>
> Now the only problem is running it permantely to the tv (SONY 55" whih
> does have HDMI input)
>
> Did a quick test before i permantely hook up the cable and I did get the
> desktop on the TV screen but no Cyberlink
> player or Movie
>
> Cyberlink tells me I cannot run in clone Mode and when i run in dual
> screen all i get is the desktop - no icons,
> startbar, or anything
>
> Need to investigate farther
>
> Thanks all

blank desktop is normal - you should be able to drag the player from the
main one to the empty one.

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!

Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers 03-14-2010 03:35 AM

Re: Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:46:34 -0800, "CLicker@invalid.org" <CLicker>
wrote:

>I no longer use more than one display per system,

Yeah, and you are a ****ing ATI retard as well.

You are the weakest dink...

Goodbye.