Velocity Reviews

-   -   Disabled Person Needs Icons to work (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t716883-disabled-person-needs-icons-to-work.html)

Deb 03-05-2010 08:11 PM

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

Hi,

My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop
Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work.
She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible.
I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help?

Bobby Johnson 03-05-2010 09:35 PM

Re: Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that
nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad?

Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been
happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did
it just start after something was installed or updated?

GS 03-11-2010 06:21 AM

Re: Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

has accessibility enabled ?
single click enabled in explorer- tools- option, general tab?

Deb 03-18-2010 12:19 AM

Re: Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

Thank you for your help! Yes this has pretty much happended off and on since
she had the laptop. She is using a mouse. She using a "dot" on her forhead
which is read by a tracker type webcam looking device. She has an onscreen
keyboard (softtype 4.2 by Origin www.orin.com) with commands on it and she
hoovers to click if that make since. But it happens when I use a mouse as
well. They just do not work on a regulalr basis. She is using windows 7.

Bobby Johnson 03-18-2010 10:41 AM

Re: Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

This sounds like it's the SoftType software that's at fault and not
Windows 7. The Orin website does not provide much information about
compatibility, so it's not clear if this software is in fact compatible
with Windows 7.

You need to contact Orin and ask them about this.

Bobby Johnson 03-18-2010 10:52 AM

Re: Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

P.S.

The problem most likely that it is not Windows 7 64-bit compatible. I
finally located some documentation and it states:

SofType for TouchScreens is an excellent tool
for any touchscreen application. It operates
under Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.

It does not state it is compatible with Windows 7 either 32-bit or
64-bit. You need to contact the Orin comapny for assistance.

Deb 03-19-2010 11:35 PM

Re: Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

Oh yes I will contact them ab out softype.......but I ran into another
problem. She clicked on an adobe file and all the icons on the desktop
changed to and adobe file and now nother works. I have been doing a search
and I am just not sure of the best fix. Does micorsoft have one?